Author Topic: Limiting Voucher Value and Discount  (Read 5866 times)

lewasabisushi

Limiting Voucher Value and Discount
« on: January 02, 2013, 10:18:18 am »
Hello everybody
Happy new year !!! :)
I am really happy with sambapos and want to use it for my restaurant,  but still there are some questions to ask. Maybe the questions are already asked and answered somewhere, but to my limited English, I need to ask these anyway :)

1. I want to limit the value of voucher, let say that a voucher only valid for US$5. So if the purchase less than $5 it will cover all but no change is given. If the purchase is higher, let say $10, on the bill / receipt there will be $10 bill, $5 voucher discount, and remaining $5 that the customer has to pay. Any method to do this?

2. Can I give discount to bill directly?

Thank you.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: Limiting Voucher Value and Discount
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 06:58:10 pm »
Hello lewasabisushi,
1. There is no limiting freature for current version but I liked the idea very much. Be sure it will be available on future releases. Do you use it for free coupons?
2. Do you mean adding a pre-defined discount amount without typing it? If you can give more details about the case I can help.

lewasabisushi

Re: Limiting Voucher Value and Discount
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 07:24:54 am »
Hi Mr. Emre, Nice to meet you again.
1. Yes I want to make several coupons with different value. Let's say that I have VO001 to VO100 with $5 value and VO101 to VO200 with $10 value. Costumer can use the voucher to deduct the bill. I want to track which coupons are already used to deduct costumer bill too. My cashier should be able to enter the voucher ID and the value is automatically calculated by sambaPOS.
2. Let's say, my cousin comes to my restaurant and I want to give a courtesy of $7.5 or 30% discount. After all item is calculated, I give the discount directly to sambaPOS. Then my cousin just have to pay the final discounted amount.
Thank you.