English Boards > Support

Modifer Group Order

(1/2) > >>

QMcKay:
Is there a way to sort/order the modifier groups?  For example, I have an order for a Bagel, and the Modifier groups could be:
Bagel Type (mandatory)
Spread (optional)
Veggies (optional)

This is the order they should be listed in the POS; instead, the order of the modifier groups seems to be random.

I've tried removing them, and adding them back in with the correct order, but it makes no difference, i.e.:
Spread (optional)
Bagel Type (mandatory)
Veggies (optional)

This isn't intuitive.

Love the POS and will be using it by the end of the month.  First post, since searching revealed no results on Modifier ordering.

Thanks,
Q

QMcKay:
I've even gone so far as to make edits directly to the database, on table [SambaData2].[dbo].[MenuItemPropertyGroups].  There is an [Order] column in this table that I have modified, but it doesn't seem to alter the display order of the modifiers in the POS screen.

emre:
Hello QTM;
Yes it stores the sort order but there was a problem with many to many relationship design. In fact it shouldn't stored there because when you change the order for a product all product properties sort order will change. So not to confuse users I cancelled that. I thought it was working in the order of first selection for a product but it seems it does not work for you like that.

I solved that problem on V3 release but if I change modifier sorting for V2, it will change for everyone and I don't know if it is a good idea or not since a lot of people uses it in the order it currently appears.

Try removing all modifier groups for a product, save it and add them again in the order you want them to appear. If it does not work we'll try to find another solution.

QMcKay:
I tried removing all modifiers from a product, saved it, and added them in the correct order.  It still displays them in the unwanted order.

emre:
Thank you very much for the screen shot. I can't check code now but that looks like fixable.
At least we can store them in the order you first selected.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version