Author Topic: printing with sambapos  (Read 4704 times)

fhalili

printing with sambapos
« on: September 28, 2012, 08:27:06 am »
hello everybody. im Fatos from albania.

im using samba pos, and i would like really to know how can i connect my fiskal printer with samba pos, any idea how can i do that??? please help me :D

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: printing with sambapos
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 09:07:16 am »
Sorry fiscal printers not supported yet.

fhalili

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 09:09:37 am »
emre sorry. there is no chance to connect to this kind of printer???? when can it be integrated on samba pos?? please reply me :D

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 10:05:23 am »
Hello Fhalili, Fiscal printers does not works like graphical printers. They contains a fiscal memory to record all financial transactions like sales, discounts, etc.

Unfortunately there is no common way of printing to fiscal printers like we do for ESC-POS emulated printers. Hardware vendors have different libraries for their devices so we need to have a demo printer same model as yours that permits test printing, have development libraries of that printer and we need to know governmental rules in your country. Printing on fiscal printers have some rules and these rules varies by countries.

While developing a global project, creating such local solutions is an extreme task even for commercial solutions. But SambaPOS have a better position because it is open source and anyone can create these local solutions like we did for UI translations. As SambaPOS developers we can create common integration paths for connecting these devices to SambaPOS and local solution developers can implement integration for devices and apply governmental rules.

Of course creating a fiscal printer integration is not as easy as creating translations but it might be possible if we can grow our community powers. For example if 100 restaurants wants to use SambaPOS in Albania, local businesses might interest developing that integration.

For this reason I suggest everyone to show their interest on SambaPOS project so we can attract more attention. If nobody does that we should wait until something unexpected happens that makes us popular :)

If anyone have a different idea or suggestion I'll be glad to hear.
Thanks.