Author Topic: Bugs v2.99a  (Read 4094 times)

kdun

Bugs v2.99a
« on: September 23, 2012, 05:42:59 am »
Found some bugs. Am not familiar with googlecode and how all that works, so i hope you don't mind me posting the bugs here.

- manually installed dotNet and MSSQLCE 4.0 (on XP SP2 PC), then installed v2.99a, installer detects XP SP2, says MSSCE4.0 is not supported on SP2 (but it is installed) and installs with TXT database support. Starting up v2.99a will give an error message saying it couldn't find database and suggest running with config line that points to a MSSCE sdf file.
- creating a new menu list (running in english) will give enumerator error messages in turkish if no enumerators are selected.

not a bug
- group code buttons in POS Mode do not change after changing them in Manage Mode. Changing the group code and the products in them, even changing the names of the products  will not update the buttons in POS Mode. ==========>>>> not a bug, figured out i had to remove the changed group code from the menu list and add the new one before any changes would be seen in POS mode.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 01:52:19 pm by kdun »

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: Bugs v2.99a
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 06:49:28 am »
You need to logoff-logon in order to clear menu cache and rebuild menu with latest updates.

Thank you for other issues. I'll check them.

kdun

Re: Bugs v2.99a
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 10:04:45 am »
Emre,

I found one more problem, we've just started using the software today. I had to change the menu layout to include the big enumerator and therefor had to change the number of pages the products were listed on to make everything fit. But not the products are no longer listed in alphabetical order (i used the 'sort category products' option in menu list). Well, it is... half... The products were spread across two pages before, now it is spread across three. The products on each page are listed in alphabetical order. So instead of sorting all the products in the order i specified them and then splitting them in three, it first splits the products in three and then sorts them per the order i specified.

Am i being clear or should i try better to explain the problem? =)

I tried changing the order of the products, saving, exiting sambapos and then restarting, but that didn't help.