Author Topic: Multi User Issue  (Read 4789 times)

Shurfa

Multi User Issue
« on: March 25, 2013, 11:22:53 am »
it is realy Great job.

Please Consider this senario:
1- User A started new ticket and put one order itemon the selected e.g. [Ticket Tag 1], and before he closes the ticket.
2- Another user User B starts to order new items on the same  ticket tag [Ticket Tag 1] and he closed the Ticket.
3- User A finishes with his order just now and closed the ticket.
4- Please View all Tickets now, you will find two separated tickets for the same ticket tag [Ticket Tag 1] which is undesirable.

Q: How to merge these two tickets and assign them to [Ticket Tag 1] ?.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 12:07:45 pm by Shurfa »

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: Multi User Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 12:12:57 pm »
What kind of department is that? Fastfood?

Shurfa

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 12:23:29 pm »
Yes It is.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 04:38:59 pm »
If you try it on alacarte department you'll see tickets created on same table merges. On fast food department all tickets created as individual tickets. Tags used for a lot of different purposes (guest count, waiter name,etc..) and we can't consider tickets tagged with same tags should considered as a single ticket.

However your request sounds interesting. I'll be happy to hear on which case you need such behavior.

Shurfa

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 11:48:03 pm »
Hi, emre
I'm so sorry  for late reply, but really I need that to be solved , here is the scenario:

We have a fresh fish restaurant in which Guests select their Fish and ask for grill, cooking, etc., and they were given a metal Plate with a Number i.e. [Ticket Tag]and just start the Ticket order starts with Fish and still not closing the Ticket, in some cases some of these Guests of this [Ticket Tag] already went in place and take a table and mention the [Ticket Tag], the Waiter starts their order for other A-la Carte menu using his/here IPAD and closes the Order. in the mean time the first guest who asked for the fish just closed the ticket on the main Cashier which produces a duplicate ticket.
Guests now finishes their eating and come to the main Cashier to Settle the Ticket, two tickets will be their, but we need only one receipt for the guest.

I hope  that you get what I mean.
Many thanks.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 02:58:09 am »
I think you can use tables instead of ticket tags. Table numbers will be plate numbers and you won't use another fixed number for tables. When needed waiter can assign a number to the table.

Alternatively you can try assigning that ticket tag as "default tag" for that department. I think you can find more information about it if you search forums for "default tag" keyword.

Shurfa

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 05:08:28 am »
Every time I Use Sambapos or  talk about it, Every time I love it more.

Thank you very, very much emre, I just wanted to confirm this solution as a professional one, but not as a work around. Excellent, I will search the forums for the other alternatives.

Best Regards.

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 05:16:42 pm »
I think Emre's answer is good. Tables allow you to group people together, and just because we use the term 'Table' doesn't mean that is all it can be used for.

Have one group of Tables setup as actual tables, and setup another group of Tables to correspond to the plate numbers and call this 'Plates'. When a customer sits down at a Table, merge their Plate to the Table.

While there may not be a straight forward solution to some problems, there usually is a workaround that is efficient and sometimes is easier than the original situation.
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.