Author Topic: label printer  (Read 4840 times)

yousufjam

label printer
« on: November 14, 2012, 04:26:57 pm »
Hello, first of i'd like to say this is an amazing piece of software and much better than previous one i have payed so much money for.
one thing i would like to know if its possible to set up a label printing function using 'print jobs'  or something.
So when an order is complete the label printer will print a label for each product ordered, on separate labels. so the kitchen staff can just stick the labels on the containers.
Is this possible to set up somehow?

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: label printer
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 01:21:45 am »
Hello yousufjam,
I never tried such usage before but it can be done by creating a new print job. Name it as "label printing" Printing content will be "Only New Lines" and add a new print mapping for each product you need to print individually and map them to the same printer.

Hmm sorry it will probably group products on the same printer. It might be hard to configure but additional printjobs needed for each separate printout.

Another solution might be advancing printer to the next label on each order line printing. Creating a new printer template and adding <XCT 27,12> command under line template will send Form Feed (new page) command to printer after printing each order line. If printer is ESC/POS emulated and supports such command it will probably work. This is what I can think for now.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 01:32:38 am by emre »

yousufjam

Re: label printer
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 03:46:53 am »
Thanks For the Reply Emre!
I will try this and let you know if it works