Author Topic: Automatically add delivery fee to Delivery department?  (Read 5945 times)

Tha99

Automatically add delivery fee to Delivery department?
« on: November 15, 2012, 10:37:22 am »
Sorry, been too many questions from me lately. I couldn't find the solution on the forums.
Anyway, how do I, so when I have a new delivery order, it would automatically add $3 delivery fee to the ticket?

I have tried create an
  action name = add delivery fee          action>add item to ticket>delivery fee  (I have created an item call "delivery fee" for $3).
  rule name=delivery fee                       rule>new ticket create> Department = Delivery
                                                             Action = add delivery fee

But when I create a new delivery ticket, Yes it added item to the ticket, but it close the ticket itself.
Also I have tried
                                                             rule>when customer selected>Department = Delivery
                                                             Action = add delivery fee
But same thing happen

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: Automatically add delivery fee to Delivery department?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 11:02:45 am »
There is no need to use actions for that. There is a special feature called "Service Templates" for that need. Basically you'll create a new service template named "Delivery Fee", Choose calculation method (You can calculate a rate from ticket amount or a fixed amount), enter the amount and save the template.

Now open "Delivery Department" settings and add this service template to "Service Templates" list. That's all.

You'll see the service amount total under ticket but If you include {SERVICE DETAILS} tag in "Delivery Ticket Template" printer template footer, it will display it with template name as "Delivery Fee"

If it is conditional for example if you want to enable / disable it with a button click you'll need "rules & actions".

Tha99

Re: Automatically add delivery fee to Delivery department?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 12:06:29 pm »
Here's my Hero...Thanks again Erme !