Author Topic: SQL express trouble  (Read 6657 times)

rvandam

SQL express trouble
« on: November 18, 2012, 05:00:13 am »
I am trying to get sqlexpress working (for hours) but nothing works. In the main account everything works fine, but for the second user I keep getting ProviderManifestToken error. These are my steps for a multi user system so far:

* on windows 7 professional I applied the "windows 7 terminal patch". Logging with different users works fine. I created an a extra user named tablet1

* I installed Microsoft SQL Server Express 2012 (also tried version 2008). Database only option. I also selected the "Mixed mode" option.

* when I log in with the administration account using "data source=[server computer name]\SQLEXPRESS" everything works fine.

* when I try to use sambapos as user tablet1, nothing works. I tried to log in remotely with RDP, and I tried using Sambapos in the pc logged in as user tablet1. But I keep getting the ProviderManifestToken error

* after browsing this forum I tried to enable tcp/ip, and use a fixed port 2301

* I tried using all variations of "data source=[server computer name]\SQLEXPRESS,2301;user id=tablet1;password=secret"

* for user id I tried the user tablet1 credentials, but also the credentials of the administration account.

* I did a port scan and port 2301 is open after I set a fixed port for SQLEXPRESS

I feel I am missing something.....

Tha99

Re: SQL express trouble
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 10:26:55 am »
OK, First of all, I am new here too ;)

1. I don't know if after SQLEXPESS should be ; instead of ,

2. user id = sa  <---- default SQLEXPRESS id

3. have you tried Samba default port ? (8080)

again, I am also new here, hope this help !

rvandam

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 01:18:56 am »
THANKS!!! User sa was the golden tip  :) (perhaps a good idea to add in the wiki)

Finally I can move on after some frustrating hours

Tha99

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 01:22:19 am »
I am glad that helped. I got lots of help from Erme here. Actually I kinda want we all to help each other, and let Erme get busy writing code ;P

rvandam

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 01:25:06 am »
Good point, I fully agree!