Author Topic: New to SambaPOS  (Read 7624 times)

lemmings

New to SambaPOS
« on: November 14, 2012, 03:50:29 am »
Having reviewed a lot of POS software SambaPOS does a good job of matching them so I'am very pleased with its features.

I have started setting up for my fathers new restaurant and will be writing a user instruction set. Iam currently inputting the menu items and setting up modifiers etc.

The forums are really useful but can someone help me with a couple of points so far:

1. The CashDrawer option in the Dashboard - what is its purpose, it sounds like an end of day cash drawer reconciliation but its not ?? Can someone enlighten me ?

2. I cant seem to get the remove modifier button to work, if you tap it, it toggles from black to red and vica versa but does not remove any modifiers, you cannot highlight the modifiers either. If you place an X modifier it removes all modifiers for the item. Any ideas ?

3. (Ok ita more than 2). Printing to kitchen printer with food headed by Appetizer first then Main do I need to create 2 templates.

Thanks if you can help I would appreciate it

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: New to SambaPOS
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 04:15:49 am »
1. Cash drawer section is used for recording daily expenses or customer payments who have credit accounts. We don't support multiple cash tracking and reconciling on V2 but you can track amounts by user name on work period report.

2. This is a two step action. When it toggled to red you can click on a modifier button for removing that. It is useful for quantity modifiers. For example you may have ice cream choices such as vanilla, banana etc and as you click on modifier buttons it will increase choice quantity. Remove modifier button is useful for removing them.

3. Couldn't understand your exact need but you can add additional print jobs and map them to product groups or products for additional print outs.

Tha99

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 09:42:40 am »
I think I know what he meant. Many POS software, when print to the kitchen, it will automatically put the orders in order (according what Category comes first)

For Example, the kitchen printer would print Appetizers print before Entrees or Desserts (so those chefs can easily read the ticket)

It's ok for the Receipt not to reorganize the order.

So basically, it's either ... The waiters put the orders in order .... or ... the software put the orders in order ...

It would be nice to have such an options. If it's not too much to ask :) ... Anyway, it's already a great software !

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 12:00:19 pm »
I can recommend you to read this link when you have time. It might not be the exact answer but you may find use some of these features useful.
http://forum2.sambapos.org/index.php/topic,338.0.html

lemmings

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 01:40:57 pm »
Thanks Emre.

Yes Remove modifier works fine when highlighted red and then you select the modifier you wish to remove.

I will read through the posts relating to grouping which is probably what I require, if I have any issues I will come back to you.

One last thing, is there anyway to disable the menu options on the dashboard, I would like the users of the POS to only be able to access Work Periods, Reports, POS and Logout. If any changes are required in Manage I can login with my own code and amend and it appears that the Cash Drawer option will not be required for my installation.

I have tried to set up a role but it does not disable any user from entering into the Cash Drawer or Manage - is that at all possible.

Once again thanks for your help

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 01:15:32 am »
There is probably a translation error there. CanOpenDashboard setting on Navigation Permissions should do the trick.

Also: If you remove date change permission on reporting permissions users will be able to see active work period reports but they won't see past or date range reports.

lemmings

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 04:31:33 pm »
Yes was a slight translation issue, have been able to set various staff level roles all with access to various parts of the navigation dashboard.