Author Topic: Connect two locations  (Read 5839 times)

hetoosten

Connect two locations
« on: December 01, 2012, 08:14:25 am »
I was wondering what the best way is to connect two locations (restaurant and separate fast food takeaway). The server will be placed in the restaurant, and a second pc with touch screen in the takeaway part.

Should I install Sambapos on both pc's and share the database with SQLexpress? Or should I use a remote desktop solution?

Sambapos has different modes for Fast-Food, A-la Carte en Delivery. This works very well.

I am confused how I make the Restaurant pos startup in restaurant mode and Take Away pos startup in takeaway mode. Is this bind to a user? Or should I make terminals? I played around with the terminal setting but I don't know what the function of terminals is.

hetoosten

Re: Connect two locations
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 04:29:00 am »
I managed to get a good working setup using remote desktop. The system is very flexible with user roles etc.

For performance reasons I would like to test the option with a stand alone installation, using the remote SQLEXPRESS database of the server. I keep getting ProviderManifestToken errors. The connection string I use is:

192.168.3.24\SQLEXPRESS;user id=sa;password=secret

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 09:24:30 am »
It should start with "data source=" For example:

data source = 192.168.3.24\SQLEXPRESS;user id=sa;password=secret

If you are sure connection string is correct you may need to enable server tcp-ip connection too. There are lots of information about this issues. You can start from here: http://forum2.sambapos.org/index.php/topic,521.0.html

hetoosten

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 05:57:10 am »
Thanks for the reply. Now I know it is possible, I will keep on trying. tcp/ip is enabled....it could be the firewall.

hetoosten

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 07:33:01 am »
In my case I had to add the tcp port:

data source = 192.168.3.24\SQLEXPRESS,49387;user id=sa;password=secret

You can find the right port here (solution found on this forum, just in case somebody is looking for it):
Sql Server Configuration Manager
SQL Server Network Configuration
Protocols for SQLEXPRESS
right click on TCP/IP --> properties --> IP Addresses --> IP ALL --> TCP Dynamic ports