Author Topic: Initial and post Samba POS v2.99 set up guide  (Read 9672 times)

hlee1988

Initial and post Samba POS v2.99 set up guide
« on: January 09, 2013, 06:27:42 am »
Hi all,

I have taken the time to make a dumbed down user guide for new Samba POS users. I have only just started playing around with this POS for the past few days and thought it would be useful for other new users.

Please review the document and let me know of any additions, omissions or alterations to be made. I am still very new to this POS so I am still unsure about the different actions, rules and triggers that could be applied.

I hope that this guide would become very informative should we all contribute to edit it over time.

Thanks!

tonishala

Re: Initial and post Samba POS v2.99 set up guide
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 05:59:04 pm »
Great job, well done, its helping me alot as a new user.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 06:28:03 pm »
One of the most useful contributions! Thank you.

I've added it to our documentation wiki
http://www.sambapos.org/docs/doku.php/en/quick_setup_guide

I did my best to keep formatting similar to yours. Let me know if you notice any errors or bad formatting.

Note: Anyone can register a wiki account and create / edit documentation easily. We constantly monitor changes for unrelated edits. However if writing with Word is easier for you it will be fine too. We'll move your word documentation to wiki.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 06:32:14 pm by emre »

hlee1988

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 11:30:54 pm »
my pleasure!

I think the wiki docs would be easier for everyone, thank you.

I hope people would take the time to edit it with things I have not included. for instance, I don't really have a clue regarding all the different rules, actions and triggers commands. if someone could just explain briefly what each of those commands mean and do, then other new users would be able to make their own set of connecting commands easier.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 11:32:52 pm by hlee1988 »