Author Topic: A question about find tickets  (Read 3735 times)

rea_dave

A question about find tickets
« on: January 21, 2013, 02:37:46 pm »
Greetings,

I'm the IT manager at a hockey arena and I'm in the process of evaluating a new POS system for our suites. We're not necessarily a restaurant environment, but from my testing with the software this seems like it would work quite nicely. This is some of the most fully featured POS software I've found and that includes free and paid software. Kudos to the development team and the community. I've managed to answer quite a few of my questions by browsing the forums because of all of your efforts.

This question may have been answered before and I just can't seem to find it. We do alot of order saving for future use. Our suites are bought in advance and thus food orders are usually placed in advance (possibly months in advance). Because of this, the ability to create tickets beforehand is great and the find tickets feature should work quite well for us. What I'm wondering if there's any way to modify exactly what is shown in the find tickets screen. On my computer I have one blank column that I'd love to be able to display the ticket notes (we could then use this to say specific dates for that suite or other things that a cashier/runner would find helpful).

The other thing and I know this is probably not very common but would be nice in our environment, would be to be able to close work period with open tickets (or if there's a way to store them some other way that would allow this). The reason being is we typically have games on Friday and Saturday nights and someone might place a food order on Wednesday for Friday and Saturday nights. So we would have an order in the system from Wednesday for both Friday and Saturday. I'd like to be able to close the till out on Friday night and have the ticket in for Saturday. Is this possible now or is there some change I could make to code (I do know a little about programming and I'm always open to learn more). I tried to open up the source, but I'm getting some errors and I may reach out for some assistance if I can't figure it out with that as well.

Again thank you for an excellent product that I look forward to demoing for users here (hence why I'm wondering about these things to provide a full featured solution to them).

Thanks,
David