Author Topic: Product Multiplier does not accept fraction multiplier  (Read 3678 times)

lemmings

Product Multiplier does not accept fraction multiplier
« on: January 24, 2013, 05:50:43 pm »
Whilst investigating the current issue I have with inventory and portion sizes, I have discovered that I'am unable to select fraction multipliers in portions.  I get a red box then an error message as detailed in the attached errorlog2.txt, the screenshot shows that the system allows me to enter a fraction multiplier and does not stop me saving.

I have a scenario where I need a fraction multiplier so this looks like another case of having to create a new product.

Pepsi is sold in two glass sizes, one approx 330ml and the other 500ml, so a 1.5 multiplier is required to calculate inventory.

Perhaps someone could confirm if fraction multipliers should be allowed, otherwise we are always assuming that other portion sizes have to be double, triple or quadruple of the original normal portion ?

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: Product Multiplier does not accept fraction multiplier
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 06:31:38 pm »
Hello Lemmings,
Multiplier value is used while calculating price from weight Barcodes.
For tracking inventory we need to create individual recipes for each portion of the item and fractional values permitted there.

lemmings

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 03:53:58 am »
Thanks Emre that makes sense now

Whilst on the subject whats happens with modifiers on recipes as I cannot get it to work. Take an example three flavours of milkshake, I have flavours set as a modifier at present but they do not deduct from inventory.

Should I create a separate product for each flavour milkshake and a separate recipe for each flavour and portion size.

Thanks for your help

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 04:02:21 pm »
Yes, if you need to decrease them automatically you should create products, inventory items and recipes for flavor and milkshake. It seems useless configuration at first but on some cases modifiers are products that have individual recipes.

For most cases I do not recommend automatic inventory tracking for items that we can't determine exact consumption for each portion. For example salt, pepper, coffee syrup, ketchup, etc. Periodic manual inventory adjustment might be a better idea.