Author Topic: Problem with terminal!!!  (Read 9953 times)

tonishala

Problem with terminal!!!
« on: March 17, 2013, 06:25:45 am »
Hello everyone,

I really have a big problem with the terminal, during the day while working 5 to 10 times approximately the terminal is loosing connection with the server, when I close the message error that comes up then it closes with the program, I have to restart the terminal, but not always works, sometimes I have to restart it 3 to 4 times to make it work,

Did anyone had this problem and if yes please if you could point me on right direction as I’m having such a mess with the waiters, inventory and everything, at a point I was thinking to put the server at a terminal place but then I had to change and map the printers and that will take time.

The small table that appears there are 3 options, to save, send and copy.
i will attach a photo of the message error.
Thanks in advance for any of you help

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: Problem with terminal!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 10:50:05 am »
tonishala yes I experienced it once. The problem was the network switch. We replaced it and the problem resolved. If it is a wireless network poor wireless signal might be the problem too.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 10:52:15 am by emre »

rvandam

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 11:53:38 am »
Funny, today I had a similar issue. The network was ok (the test laptop worked without problem), but the server could not get an ip address. Giving it a fixed address solved the issue. In my case the problem was at the server, not at the terminal.

If you can not solve it, please give more details about your setup. Do you connect by wifi, or by a network cable? Did you try to connect with another device to test the connection?

tonishala

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 04:27:59 am »
Thanks for your response my friends,

I have ordered a better network switch, so tomorrow will try with that, I'm connected to the terminal through LAN, but for the time being i am using terminal through rdp to server which is working perfect, but this should be temporarily until i fix the network problem.
Its just amassing how sambapos can have so many options, Im really enjoying it, i will post some photos to facebook this week,

Thanks for the help.

akadir

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 02:29:25 pm »
hi
in my opinion you have to check server to pass whether sleep mode or not when to occur error about connection. if server to pass sleep mode , terminal can not connection with server. 

tonishala

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 02:03:05 pm »
Its working!! have changed the network switch and working perfect now,

thanks a lot..