Author Topic: 10 New features have been added. Check it out  (Read 10943 times)

DQ

10 New features have been added. Check it out
« on: March 28, 2013, 11:56:16 pm »
Hello,
 I have added following new features in my branch at https://github.com/rohitjoshi/SambaPOS-2/tree/contribs-fork .
 Many of these features are merged by @emre with master branch. There are few still pending which I will work with him to get in to the master branch.

I would suggest you wait until it is merge to master branch. Let me know if you see any issues with these features.

1. Added support for printing last ticket item using a CachePrinter/in-memory storage
2. Added support for employee clock in/clock out and creating payroll report
3. Added support for credit card processing using First Data Gateway
4. Added support for quick button TOGO to add a note "TOGO" for takeout order
5. Added support to merge credit card receipt and ticket receipt. both printed in a single receipt.
6. Added support for new action type "Print Report" which will allow to print report based on rule. E.g I wanted to print work period report when work period ends.
7. Added support to define custom POS name in reports. I have added new program setting to set the custom pos string which is used in reports.
8. Added support for setting to choose either separate receipt for credit card or merge with ticket receipt.  Optional Signature line is printed only if ticket amount is more than specified value in setting. In US, we don't ask customer to sign receipt if amount is less than 20$.

9. Added support to print Terminal Name in the printer template. You can set the terminal name in Program Settings.

10. Added support to check cash drawer status and if it is open for more than configured time, it will force user to close cash drawer.  I wanted to implement hardware independent where certain logic can be externalized in powershell script but wanted to discuss with you.  For now, it is IBM specific logic.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 12:00:43 am by DQ »

icemax

Re: 10 New features have been added. Check it out
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 12:55:45 am »
thanks  DQ great job
SambaPOS : the One

oiqbal

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 02:26:30 pm »
Hey nice job,

I just downloaded and compiled the code from your repository. How will the user clockin. The first time I've executed the application it is showing clock out button. If i enter the pin and clock out it stays that way.

In the reports its showing Administration - No Clockin.

Thanks.

oiqbal

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 03:14:19 pm »
Also when I try to edit or create a new user i get an exception and the application closes.

DQ

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 03:44:23 pm »
ClockIn is automatically.  The logic behind clockin/clock out is

• If user login after mid night, it will create a clock-in entry with time-stamp.
  • Subsequent login will not modify clock-in entry.
  • When user selects the clock-out, it will add the clock-out action with time stamp
  • Subsequent clock-out will not have any effect
[li]Payroll report will not count hours if employee clock-in but forgot to clock-out. It does show error "No Clock Out"
[/li][/list]

DQ

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 04:12:27 pm »
We need to remove "Wages" as it's partially implemented. Checkout the latest code which has the fixes.

oiqbal

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 04:05:54 am »
It would be more helpful if the manager is not able to close a shift unless all users have clocked out. Like with tickets if there are any open tickets we cannot close the work period, same use case will be useful, prior to closing work period all employees have to clock out.

Should I get the latest build from your repo of Emre's repo which has the fixes.

Also we have currently used 2.97 for our deployment, when I overwrite your deployment of 2.99 and use the same DB i get an error Check Database Version.

I also tried creating a new database for 2.99 and then restored my previous DB of 2.97 on it, same issue. I was facing the same with Ver 3 lately Emre did try to help but I wasnt able to resolve this problem.

Any thoughts on this.

Thank you.

DQ

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 04:48:25 am »
Initially I thought about either not letting close the shift or auto clock-out all the employees. In my case, we have two shifts and some employee arrives before shift is closed so they can handover the shift. After closing shift, shift-leader/employees are still working either to handover to next shift or cleaning at the end.

Now, Emre's repo will not have all the changes. did you try getting latest from my repo? 

I am not expert on DB side and depend on Emre to create migration script for me.

oiqbal

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 03:43:39 am »
Hi,

I just recompiled the latest build after downloading from your repo. When I build the solution I am getting 79 errors, please see them in the document attached.

oda

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 01:09:40 pm »
This might sound stupid, but can someone teach me how to compile all the files, so I can try the updates DQ  made?
If it is too long to write t down, maybe a link somewhere that might explain it?
Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Liang

limeypacker

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 10:55:41 am »
how do i just get the words togo on the ticket when its a togo order

DQ

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 06:30:30 pm »