Author Topic: Interesting Situation That Begs for SambaPOS  (Read 4184 times)

JohnS

• Global Moderator
Interesting Situation That Begs for SambaPOS
« on: August 08, 2013, 02:35:48 pm »
When I was onsite the other day, I was watching the venue use their POS system (SwiftPOS) for lunchtime orders.

They would enter the order, receive payment and a Kitchen Order would print out in the Kitchen and at the Bar.
The bar staff would pin up their copy of the order. Once the food had been delivered to the customers table, the bar staff would find their order and take it down.
I ask why they operated like that, and they said to keep track of what orders were active.

This situation is not unique, most Hotels run like this, as compared to a Restaurant where you pay after the meal.

Even our Delivery System works on the idea of payment is the last action, so I am going to have a play and see if I can achieve the following

- Setup additional Table Status for : Waiting, Preparing & Food Ready
- Setup Custom Ticket Lister for the Kitchen to see the orders and mark tickets as Preparing & Food is Ready
- Setup Custom Ticket Screen showing Tables and a list for Food is Ready but not delivered meals
- Once Food delivered, mark as Order Complete
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: Interesting Situation That Begs for SambaPOS
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 04:25:07 pm »
John "order lister widget" is in my todo list. It needs a redesign on printer template system and when completed it will bring a different solution to the problem. We can use same system on handheld terminals and kitchen. On a random restaurant I saw a different problem. That was a group service and waiter came with a tray filled with soups. He stopped there for a while to find out which soup should be served to which table. Which tables are waiting for tomato soups? I'm planning to display two order listers to list orders by quantity on first and when clicked waiting tables on the second.

If we can list different examples we can think here I will have a better idea about how to design this widget.

JohnS

• Global Moderator
Re: Interesting Situation That Begs for SambaPOS
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 04:44:07 pm »
Wow, that's a different situation - can't recall ever seeing that type of group service. I like your approach, very practical.

One suggestion on the Ticket Lister, can we have an option to list tickets down then across, instead of across then down. When you have 2 columns, ticket order is always across then down. Not everyone works like this.
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.