Author Topic: Receipt  (Read 8918 times)

oda

Receipt
« on: February 02, 2012, 10:28:41 pm »
Just a quick question!

Is it possible to print the exact amount the customer paid and the change if any.

For example, the total amount is $ 16.50
The customer paid in $20 bill
They should get $3.50 back.

I want this information to print out in the ticket and not just on the POS windows after the transaction.
Is it possible to print it on ticket?

Sincerely,
Leon.

jenem

Re: Receipt
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 01:28:50 am »
Hi Leon,

Please look at this thread.
http://forum2.sambapos.org/index.php/topic,133.0.html
The answer is towards the end.
I asked exactly the same question.

Edgar

oda

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 04:28:26 am »
Thanks a lot Edgar, I will try it!
It works great, but I found 1 problem though!
The print format only works for the amount for less than 1.000,00

Beyond that then the format is screw up.
For example: Let's say the amount is $ 1.009,00
And they paid with 21 of $100 bills, that would make $2100 (You'll see the reason why that much money below)

The print out would be :

Total : $1.009,00
Tendered: $2100,00
Change Due: $1091,00

Both on Tendered and Change Due is missing the Currency Format which is the dot (.)
Is there a way to get the format the same all the way? (with the dot for a thousand)

Sincerely,
-Leon-
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 05:46:50 am by oda »

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 06:48:24 am »
Leon,

If you look up the old tickets, you will see that Tendered & Change Due amounts are stored as text (Tendered shown exactly how it was entered) - hence why it printed like that.

Ticket Tags is a unique SambaPOS feature that allows you to capture any kind of additional data on the tickets, and in this case, we are using it for amounts, but all data gets stored as text.

Yes, this is a bug, but only due to us moving beyond the original Ticket Tag specs, and as you can see we only started storing Tendered & Change Due amounts 3 weeks ago.

So, thank you for picking up on this and hopefully Emre and the team may find a solution for this now that its been raised.

In the mean time, if anyone asks why there's no commas in the amounts - Just tell them it costs more :)
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

oda

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 07:30:16 am »
Thanks for answer it John!

Actually, I might not found out about this bug IF my country's currency does not have that many zeros :P

I think I can live with it for awhile!

One quick question tho. Is it possible to have 2 templates and 2 print jobs for one printer?
I want one template for like the actual bill or invoice of the order (without the tender and change due).
And the other one for the receipt (with the tender and change due), after they paid then it will automatically print it.

I set the original one for the receipt,
I set the second one for invoice to auto print after the new line is input - does not working
Try to set to print manual, but the icon does not appear on the menu screen.

If I switch the other way around, the invoice will work but the receipt won't work.

Is there a way to do it?

Sincerely,
Leon.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 07:33:20 am by oda »

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 08:16:25 am »
No system is ever perfect, but what got my interest in SambaPOS was the features, the fresh approach, and the fact that it is always evolving due to user feedback from users like yourself.
If it can't be fixed easily in V2, then the team will look at what can be done for V3 of SambaPOS.

The way the print jobs work is that you can print multiple tickets, but each ticket needs to print different information.
For example I will use the Kitchen Order Tickets to explain.
You will have one print job to print orders to the kitchen. But you may want separate tickets for entrees, mains and desserts.
So for the first printer mapping you select entrees for product group, the kitchen printer and the kitchen order template.
For the second printer mapping you select mains for product group, the kitchen printer again and the kitchen order template yet again.
And so on.
Your last printer mapping should always use * to print anything that is left, so nothing is missed - unless you are sure you have covered all groups. But think of it as insurance.

As you print data on a ticket, it is no longer available to print on other tickets within that print job - stops double printing. Hence why you could only get the first mapping to work.

So to setup your scenario, you need two print jobs, and two printer templates (if you want the layout different).
One print job called "Invoice", the other called "Receipt" (also use these names for the Button Header field, and tick Display at POS Screen & Display at Payment Screen to show these buttons) - To quickly duplicate the print job, right click the first print job and select Clone Print Job.
Select Printing Content - All Lines and set Auto Print After Ticket Paid and select the Payment Types you want it to print for.
Set your printer mappings - both print jobs will use the same printer and you can use the same printer template.

Remember to add the new print job to the Terminal, log out and log back in and it should work.

oda

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 09:01:39 am »
Thanks John!

Actually, I already did those things.
Make 2 Templates and make 2 print job with all the mapping for the print.
The only thing that I forgot and I don't know that I have to do is to add the new print job to the terminal  :P
No wonder my new icon and the new print job never work. DOH!
Sorry for my stupidity!

Thank you very much for your help John!

Sincerely,
Leon.

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 09:11:27 am »
No wonder my new icon and the new print job never work. DOH!
Sorry for my stupidity!

Your not alone.

After setting up a new system today and not being able print to a network printer, I realized that I forgot to add the print job to the terminal.
Still didn't work ???

I also forgot to set the Terminal Name in Local Settings to the right one  :o

oda

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 09:24:50 am »
To think that it was just me :)

Anyway, after playing with samba pos for a week now, I'm very glad that I did.
This is by far the most user friendly interface to use it, and pretty easy to set up if you can browse the forum :D
Like you said, the advantage of samba pos that it is evolving not like some others pos program.
I can't imagine what you guys will do for V.3!
For now, I'm very happy already with V.2!

Thank you again for you and all the SAMBA POS team!

Sincerely,
Leon.