Author Topic: Automation Command Values  (Read 10005 times)

JohnS

• Global Moderator
Automation Command Values
« on: September 13, 2013, 06:34:44 am »
Emre,

Not sure if this is by design, but if I have an Automation Button set with the following values and tick Toggle Values
Course 1
Course 2
Course 3
Course 4

The Button will show 'Course 1' but when you click the button it changes to 'Course 2' and the value is sent as 'Course 2'.

Should it not send 'Course 1', which is what the button is showing, not what the next value is?
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: Automation Command Values
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 09:09:30 am »
Yes when thought that makes more sense but I can't remember for what case I've implemented that. I'll check my notes.

sukasem

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 05:35:25 am »
Tried to do this as well but I want to click which course first then when order added to ticket read that Automation Command Value but it doesn't work. I change rule New Order Added to Ticket and add update course action to the rule. No course tag. I have to select order line then click Course button then orders will have course state.

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 06:35:12 am »
If you want to select course first, then Ticket Tags would be better.
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

sukasem

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 03:58:08 pm »
I can't figure out easy way to use ticket tag as order state. What I do as set Automation Command button with Visibility->Ticket.
I set New Order Add To Ticket to update Course state to [:CommandValue]. When order added, there is no Course state attach to the order but whenever I click Automation Command Button the Course state display but again, every order will update to the last Automation Command Button.

So, I think when I put [:CommandValue] for Course state, it does pass it as Variable, not the Value read from command button. So whenever I click the button, the previous order that set to course 1 become course 2 and so on.. It's not fixed.

It will work just fine in Order Line mode since (I think) It does pass the Value (even we put State=[:CommandValue]) at the time we click the button.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 10:28:20 am »
OK. So I'll implement a new rule value called "Next Value" so when you toggle command values you'll be able to read both Current Value and Next Value. I think that solves both cases.

sukasem

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 01:47:27 pm »
I don't know if toggle value will works well with this situation. Unless we input all orders and choose course at once. If taking order by iPad and by seat, end up pressing to many button for each guest.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 07:46:19 am »
Let's say we want to receive orders by seat.

We'll need a ticket state to store active seat and while adding orders we'll assign active seat value to the order state. We'll toggle active seat state value with a automation command button that toggles the active seat. On first ticket creation active seat will be seat 1 so new orders assigned to seat 1. Clicking it once executes automation command with next seat value so active seat state of ticket becomes seat 2 and new order's seat state becomes seat 2.

That means the basic workflow will be
1. choose active seat
2. receive orders.

We can also group orders by seat state on kitchen print. Configuration will be same for course tracking.

sukasem

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 10:54:26 pm »
Hi Emre,
I just notice the group will sort by first in first out kind of thing. Let say if I enter course 2 first in the ticket, the first group that print out will be course 2 not course 1.

Thanks,