Author Topic: Custom Module, Credit Card processing using Samba  (Read 27629 times)

EricAllen

Re: Custom Module, Credit Card processing using Samba
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2012, 07:46:19 am »
I know you all have put in a lot of hard work on this so you'll probably hate me for asking this. Is there any chance of just interfacing with a service like Datacap or Verifone terminals in the meantime? Thanks as always for the great software.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2012, 09:18:40 am »
Hello Eric. I'll be happy to implement support for them but the problem is I even don't know what Datacap terminal is and what it does. In my country (Turkey) there is no such terminal so I can't access someone for help. Of course I can do it by accessing service provider, reading sheets, etc. but that needs a lot of personal time to invest.

Open source projects should not have such problems. People other than restaurant owners does not care how useful SambaPOS is or how it works. They look at the community attention before deciding helping us or not. Of course everybody wants to know their help will be useful for a lot of people. I frequently ask for user comments, photos or any other positive action for attracting more people to the project so more developers, experts or companies who creates services such as Datacap will want to help us.  For now community remembers us when something does not work.

I hope this will change someday and instead of begging for help under every request I'll know how to fulfill them.

DQ

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2013, 12:52:42 pm »
Guys,
   I have added partial support for Verifone Omin 3750 terminal.

Here is a blog post which I used to implement.
http://cgeers.com/2008/05/18/payment-solutions-the-omni-3750-terminal/#more-33

https://github.com/rohitjoshi/SambaPOS-2/tree/contribs-fork

I still need to do some testing before use in production.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2013, 05:46:00 am »
Great! Let us know your results.