English Boards > Tutorials

SambaPOS Training Mode

(1/5) > >>

JohnS:
Welcome to SambaPOS Training Mode.

What I have created is a tool to enable a SambaPOS Training Mode on SambaPOS.
What the tool actually does is to copy the SambaPOS Microsoft SQL Express 2005/2008 Server instance or Microsoft Compact SQL Server database to a Microsoft Compact SQL Server database file called SambaTrain.sdf, and change the SambaPOS data source settings automatically with the click of a single icon and once you exit SambaPOS, the data source settings are returned to the live settings.

Latest version - V4.0 - http://forum2.sambapos.org/index.php/topic,184.msg6222.html#msg6222

You can also have the database refresh each time you run SambaPOS Training Mode, or to refresh on-demand if you are developing new features, or expanding the POS system.

jenem:
Cheers John,

I'll try it out later.

By the way, Thanks!

Edgar

emre:
John your latest update is a big improvement and that makes you a SambaPOS Dev :)
I want to include your script in SambaPOS setup. Is it possible to get rid of c:\sambatrain and use current directory instead?

JohnS:
I was thinking the same.

Do you want it in a sub directory under SambaPOS2 called Training or just in the main directory?

emre:
It will be fine if it works under a sub directory. If it helps during setup I can call install.vbs with current installation directory information or anything else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version