Author Topic: A web interface or Android/iOS app  (Read 17257 times)

oda

Re: A web interface or Android/iOS app
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 05:24:41 am »
Thanks John, that is exactly what I want.  Giving freedom for customer to browse and order. But for now, in the city where I live it is not possible yet, because not many people familiar with the technology yet. That's why when I ask the question, I was asking if we can show the image to the customer and not directly ask if the customer can browse it themselves.

For emre, thanks for the answer! I do realize that this program main function is for a quick order. That's why I ask if it is a good idea. And so, we just need to wait until someday it will be implemented. I can't wait for that day to come.

Good job once again to all Samba Pos Team!

Sincerely,
Leon.

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 08:04:45 am »
Leon,

Here's a quick idea.

Create a PDF file with all of your dishes and a write up on each.
Then use Abobe Acrobat for iPad to view the file - if you create indexes you can easily go to mains or entrees, and you can search for meals.

Or, run a local web server and publish your menu.

There is a free Save as PDF add-on for Office 2007 - http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=9943
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 08:17:22 am by JohnSCS »
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

ranabd

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 11:13:13 pm »
You are so close. This is where is gets fun.

First - Win 7 terminal server patch is what I use. So remember that each user has their own login, in my case POS01 (the PC), POS02 (the iPod) & POS03 (the iPad)

You need to copy the SambaSettings.txt file from C:\ProgramData\Ozgu Tech\SambaPOS2 to C:\Users\{user name}\AppData\Roaming\Ozgu Tech\SambaPOS2 for each user that will login. If you don't, then all users use the same terminal settings which is not want you want. Then delete the original SambaSettings.txt file so it can't be used.

Then login into the PC using each login, run SambaPOS and set the terminal name in Local Settings. Then when you log in using the iPod or iPad it will use that users terminal number. If all else fails, just get the full version of SambaPOS running the way you want, then the terminal app will work.

When I moved the SambaSettings.txt file, it all started working properly. This is the key when using Win7.

Best screen size for iPod - 400x600, iPad - 1280x960 and lock screen rotation.

Terminal does sync if you have the settings right. Remember to add your print jobs to the other terminals too.

Hi,
its really great software for restaurant management,

i am very much interested, i understand your reply "First - Win 7 terminal server patch is what I use. So remember that each user has their own login, in my case POS01 (the PC), POS02 (the iPod) & POS03 (the iPad)" now my question what is the software to install POS02(the iPod) and POS03 (the iPod). can you give me link to download iPad software, i have downloaded  POS01 (the PC). or is there any other apps for android (pls give me the link).

please advice me.

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 05:02:18 am »
ranabd,

There is no native iPad/iPod application. You access SambaPOS via Remote Desktop with these devices. I think you missed what was in the post.

SambaPOS is strictly a Windows Application. So for multi-terminal setups, you either install SambaPOS on each terminal, or if you are using other devices, like an iMAC, iPod, iPad, Android device, you must run a Remote Desktop application and RDP into a Windows Terminal Server. The Terminal Server can be Server 2003/2008/2011 or Win 7 Terminal Server Patch.

For small screen devices (iPod) you run Samba.Presentation.Terminal.exe instead of Samba.Presentation.exe and use an RDP client like PocketCloud.
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.