Author Topic: Respect  (Read 6425 times)

uri58

Respect
« on: February 28, 2012, 04:56:44 pm »

To Emre, SambaPOS team @ all you good people, Hi

Emre,  earlier today you "came"by surprise to our "Whatsup" Furom and it was a real pleasure for me to see that you are so well aware to what is going on about SambaPOS all around the net.
It was even greater pleasure hear your clear voice regarding politics @ human behave one to each other.
So I felt it is my humble duty to come here, join in ,and to pay respect. Thank you!

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: Respect
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 07:04:26 pm »
Hi Uri, Hearing from you is a great pleasure for me too and thanks to all of these great Whatsup people for being so kind. Since I've started SambaPOS project I've had lots of experiences but that was so different. One more time I'm glad I've started that.

Welcome to SambaPOS community. Feel free to ask questions and share your ideas.
Good night!

uri58

Re: E Menu
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 11:14:12 pm »
 Hi Emre

That was A different experience  for sure! ;)
As I posted at "whatsup"  about SambaPOS UI and it's appear that everybody got something to say about the connections between open source to politics but no one could offered me any answers to my question.
unfortunately I didn't came here at the first place because of i'm not very well with my english, but as you know, life is a continues surprise. So here I'm

The idea that I had in mind  in the first place is changing the UI of SambaPOS to an E-menu style  like this example:

http://www.aptito.com

I read around the forum and I understood that you working on a similar project, am I wrong?

Thanks again

Uri

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 06:05:05 am »
Uri, I'm sorry your question got lost there. No problem. You are in the right place. I'm not good at English too (you are better than me) but we can understand each other :)

I really liked these e-menu screens. Really good designs. Same thing can be achieved with SambaPOS but it is not an easy task for now because some good understanding about SambaPOS infrastructure needed. For this reason I decided creating a simple SambaPOS API for integrating that kind of client applications without the need of working in SambaPOS source code. The project I'll work for is primarily about generating that API. This isn't for e-menu clients only. When it completes we'll be able to integrate clients for kitchen usage or specialized applications for personnel working on different departments. Since I have to work for other projects I can't give a deadline for now but I'll try to start it's development soon.

Thank you.

uri58

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 01:01:06 pm »

Hi again
I can feel that I'm at the right place, thank to you. I'm glad to learn that you like the e-menu, as far as I know, it is the newest style at many restaurants around the globe as they save expences in manpower (waiter's time)  and mistake orders to the kitchen along with luxury feeling and entertainment to the customer such as music, games for the kids,  browsing in the internet, facebook option with restaurant's coupons to friends and basically any good idea. around the menu itself.

So, I'm very happy to know that you have your ideas about it and i hope I can share more ideas with you at the near coming days. Unfortunately I'm not a programmer so I will not be able to give that kind of help, but if you feel I  can help in any way,  please let me know and I will  do my best.

Regards

Uri

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 05:54:09 pm »
Yes that e-menu is a great gadget :) I researched some different e-menu solutions but the general problem is their POS solutions are so limited. Creating a menu looking IPad app might seem OK but it will never be enough. For this reason I think a middle solution like SambaPOS API will greatly improve that business. I talked with some investors for partnership on e-menu development in our country but nobody convinced about that business yet. Generally they wanted me to build it and see the result... I don't know why they call themselves as angels :)

A couple of days before we talked with John on a similar subject about programming. Of course more development power will let us finish things faster but our real need is not exactly development. Our real need is testing our solutions in real life, understanding the need and inventing great new ideas about using these awesome devices right for the business. The possibilities are nearly unlimited and there are lots of untouched areas. When we now what to do development process is generally easy with modern tools.

uri58

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 03:40:07 am »
Hi Emre
As I told you, I don't know much about programing, so I had to check the meaning of API and I think you got the right direction.
As a service like that is aim to be used  by the customers, the only thing that realy matters is a user friendly interface for the average person, big  buttons and picture base navigation order process. Or as we describe it here "natural logic design"

Uri

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 06:36:15 am »
Good :) I'll let you now our progress about that subject.
If you are interested I'll be waiting for your recommendations about SambaPOS application too.
Thanks.

uri58

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 06:21:44 am »
Good morning Emre

As you remember I did asked for help about "SambaPOS at "whatsop" forum and I got some good answers too as well as more questions...
Like you, most of the people that I talk to tham about the E-menu get excited but also want to see the product before making any progress with this project, however, I do have some friends that own a cafe\restaurant that are will to run a pilot of that system as soon as it be ready, that will be a great opportunity for real life testing and system debugging
the main issue for me at this time is language conversion and the adjustment of SambaPOS  to the rules of the  tax system over here.
Is there is any tool to get do language conversion that I can use?

Regards

Uri

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 08:11:18 am »
Would you like to translate SambaPOS to Hebrew?
I can prepare an excel document for translation if it helps.

uri58

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 08:54:38 pm »

Hi

Yes, I got to translate it as part of of the tax rules here in israel,

I thought that you might have kind of tool to do the translation, cause I saw that there are few languages already installed with the SambaPOS as default. But I understand  that there is not such a tool, so don't worry about it, I will find my way around, I don't want  to spend your precious time on the excel document.

Thanx a lot
Uri

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 09:48:43 pm »
This is normally a simple copy+paste and some little modifications :) The only problem is Hebrew is crazy hard like Arabic. It won't be easy like other languages but I'll try to prepare it whenever I have free time.

Can you give more details about Tax Rules in Israel? Is it too complex?