Author Topic: sambapos for other shop  (Read 5146 times)

MrJiM

sambapos for other shop
« on: March 26, 2012, 02:03:48 pm »
Do you think sambapos could be use in a different environement? i mean not in a restaurant.
I may use it in a small hairdressing salon.
just 2 or 3 seats and 2 employees.
need to hairdress and sell some products like shampoo etc...

I think it is possible...do you think to? There is something i need to know?

Need your advice.

(sorry for my english, i'm french)

oda

Re: sambapos for other shop
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 03:48:11 pm »
I think it is very possible!
It still be the same as you would sell food, but now you sell service and maybe some shampoo too.
You probably would list your service price as product in samba pos, such as hair cut, hair coloring, manicure, pedicure, etc.
The only thing that samba pos can't do right now, if you sell some product with expiration date. There is no such option for right now! So, for supermarket that sell product such as milk with the expiration product can't use samba pos, as well as pharmacy that sell medicine with expiration date.
Maybe emre might want to implement the expiration date for the samba pos in the future?
I know some in my restaurant we use some product in cans that have expiration date also (such as corn in a can, milk, syrup in a bottle, etc), but that is not a big problem for now, since we use them up before they expire.

Just my two cents!

Regards,
Leon.

JohnS

• Global Moderator
Re: sambapos for other shop
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 05:26:56 am »
What I have found with SambaPOS is that it can adapt to different scenarios fairly easy.

While based around Restaurants, there is no reason why it can't be used for Hairdressers.
Setup your different services you offer, add in the products you sell and your done.

My next project is looking into the bakery industry. Yes still food service, but different to the club industry I have been involved with.

Create a demo system and test. You have nothing to loose by trying. You can promotions and discounts.
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.