Author Topic: Reports - User Sales  (Read 6155 times)

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
Reports - User Sales
« on: March 28, 2012, 06:31:53 am »
Hi

I just have a small request. I've noticed that User Sales part of the report is calculated with the amount of orders placed and net the amount of money actually received. This makes the shift change a bit harder, well more the cash-up at the end of the day.

For example, User1 placed a few orders worth $100, but before they are cashed in this user's shift ends. The Money is then counted and cashed up, no problem, You can use the Income report for that.
Now User2 logs in and takes over, the open order worth $100 is still there and it is then later cashed in. End of the shift comes and no I either have to subtract the sales from User1 from the Total to see what User2 is supposed to have, or I can look at the User Sales report, but that is short a $100 because that cashed in sales were added to User1 which was not here anymore.

So I would like to know if the User Sales can be calculated by that actual cash off transaction rather then the orders places amounts.

OR

Is there a better way to manage shifts with SambaPOS that I've missed ;)
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.
Even in Namibia, Africa!

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: Reports - User Sales
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 07:22:37 am »
OK. I'll check if I'll be able to calculate it as you need.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 04:53:21 am »
OK. User Sales report is useful for tracking Total Waiter sales. Because of this I've added "user based payment receivings" section in WPR. It will group receivings similar to department income reports.

I have a question. Can we use "receivings" term here?

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 05:45:38 am »
OK. User Sales report is useful for tracking Total Waiter sales. Because of this I've added "user based payment receivings" section in WPR. It will group receivings similar to department income reports.

I have a question. Can we use "receivings" term here?

Thanks Emre,

My home language is also not English but I will go with "user based payment received"

Even in Namibia, Africa!

Stefan

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 05:10:40 am »
Hi Emre , hi there, i am a new member from germany
first of all i want to say that samba pos seems to be a very cool product. I intend to use it in my business (cafe with 100 seats inside and 80 seats outside) with the mobile app. The only thing i miss by now is the "user based payment reciving" like mentioned above by cafe cuppio. This would enable a real good workflow with more than one waiter because everybody can serve at every table and final one waiter can take the cash. It would be great if this feature could be implementet. :)

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 05:23:24 am »
Hi Emre , hi there, i am a new member from germany
first of all i want to say that samba pos seems to be a very cool product. I intend to use it in my business (cafe with 100 seats inside and 80 seats outside) with the mobile app. The only thing i miss by now is the "user based payment reciving" like mentioned above by cafe cuppio. This would enable a real good workflow with more than one waiter because everybody can serve at every table and final one waiter can take the cash. It would be great if this feature could be implementet. :)

Hi Stefan, firstly, welcome to the SambaPOS Family! I am sure you will love this solution even more as you get to know it more.

The feature you mentioned is already implemented in the latest version, it is under the Work Period Report.
Even in Namibia, Africa!

Stefan

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 05:35:56 am »
Wow
this was realy fast. Thank you very much for the answer. I will refer my experience when this system is running in my shop, but first i have to by hardware and set it up.
See you later.