Author Topic: Service template,Tax template,Price definition,Recipes,Modifier groups  (Read 6161 times)

msheed

Am too new to the system and i seriously love it but trust me it is useless for me to know very few functions of the program yet i want to operate a restaurant with it.Any one with proper knowledge of the above and how each can function well.Please help me and share some knowledge because at times i get so stuck.Hope to hear from you soon.Please help me with examples too

JohnS

• Global Moderator
Service Template - These are services that you charge as a fee like dine in surcharge, public holiday surcharge
Tax Template - These are for sales tax on products like VAT, GST
Price Definition - Allows multiple pricing tables for periods like happy hour, functions, etc
Recipes - This is used to track stock consumption and links inventory items to products
Modifier Groups - Allows you to modify products like adding fillings to a sandwich, adding sugar and milk to a coffee, toppings to a pizza
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

rbeaubien

With the service templates, is it possible to setup an action/rule to charge a percentage to the ticket total? For instance, a force gratuity of 10% could apply to all tickets would like to calculate this each time the ticket total changes.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Hello. No need to create a rule for this. Just create the service template, name it as gratuity and assign it to a department. While creating the service template choose a percentage based calculation option and enter the percentage value. Additionally with rules you can dynamically change percentage amount for different conditions.

rbeaubien

Can this be combined with tracking the number of guests as a trigger. For instance, once you have 8 guests on a table, a service charge will apply. This is pretty common in North America restaurants.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Yes you can. Create a "Guest Count" ticket tag, Handle "Ticket Tag Selected" rule and execute "add service template" action when Ticket Tag Value equals to 8.

That means instead of assigning service template to a department you'll activate it dynamically with "ticket tag selected" rule. By configuring additional rules you can assign different gratuity rates to different guest count values.

rbeaubien

I still cannot get this to work:
Under Ticket Tags
# Guests with sub Tags from 1 through 10
Under Actions
"Add Cover" with Action of "Add Ticket Item", Menu Item of "Covers" and Quantity of [Cover Quantity]
"Large Group Charge" with Action of "Update Ticket Service Amount", Service Template of "Service Charge" and amount 5
Under Rules
Created "Large Group Charge" with Event of "Ticket Tag Selected", Tag Name "# guests", Tag Value >| 7, Action of "Large Group Charge"

When I select # Guests of 10, it should trigger the service charge but nothing is happening. Also we would like to have the service charge percentage setup in the server apply to the ticket.
Suggestions?

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
You can try testing "Numeric Value" instead of "Tag Value"

sukasem

Hi,
I can't get Service Charge in percentage to work.
So far, I create
1. New Service called Service Charge, Calculation Method: Rate from ticket total, Rate: 0
2. Ticket Tag called Service Charge and Sub-Tag: 0.10, 0.20... ; Tag Type: Try both Price and Numeric
3. Add Service Template and Ticket Tag to department
4. Action Type: Update Ticket Amount, Service Template: Service Charge, Amount: [Service Charge Amount]
5. Rule, Event name: Ticket Tag Selected, Tag Name: = Service Charge, Action: [TagValue]

Thank you,
Sukasem

toni

Sukasem,

It works with these settings.
2.your sub tags should be 10,20,30 etc  and tag type= Numeric
4. Action type should be "Update Ticket Service Amount".

Anything else is correct