Author Topic: Manual price entry  (Read 3991 times)

seanathome

Manual price entry
« on: May 15, 2012, 03:59:58 pm »
Would the ability to input an amount without selecting a specific item be an option?

Perhaps in the POS window, have a miscellaneous button that would allow an amount to be typed in manually. There are occasions when setting up a button for one off items or a random price is not practical.

The only way I can see to do this at present is to select an item, enter the new amount and then select the change price button.

What I had in mind was enter an amount, select the miscellaneous button & it appears on the ticket straight away.

The option to limit who can use this facility would also be useful.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: Manual price entry
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 06:49:09 pm »
Hello seanathome. Nice idea. Normally typing a number and adding an item changes quantity but changing price for zero priced products makes sense. It will be a nice improvement.

We originally implemented that feature for a fish shop. They don't know the exact price of fishes while receiving orders and they updates prices at a later time. That's why it works like that.

seanathome

Re: Manual price entry
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 12:14:18 am »
Had a moment of clarity with this one.
Have set up about 20 miscellaneous items with different prices. They are not added to the POS screen, just the database. For the barcode I have entered the amount.
So, from the POS screen, when you type in '1.00' 'find product',  'Miscellaneous item £1.00' now appears on the ticket.

Not practical for lots of different amounts, but works for us.