Author Topic: automessaging, can't connect  (Read 9180 times)

Tha99

automessaging, can't connect
« on: November 15, 2012, 02:50:47 pm »
Original post

Hello CafeCuppio

When autologout feature active SambaPOS does not refresh cache for speeding up logins. So if you keep terminals at that state your terminals won't know work period refreshed. You have two options.

You can totally logoff by clicking to "Main Menu" button after logging in
    By using messagingserver application you can refresh terminals when workperiod restarted on server.

Messagingserver is basically a chat server :) We use it for sending messages to terminals.

First of all you need to start messagingserver.exe on server and enable Autostart setting. If you receive a firewall warning please allow messagingserver application. Generally there is no need to change default Port Number (8080) but if you change it you should change it on terminals too.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mine doesn't even connect. My computer (server) name = FMT1
                                                                       Network Name = WORKGROUP
                                                                       MYSQL database name = SQLEXPRESS

Any ideas???

Tha99

Re: automessaging, can't connect
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 06:12:28 pm »
so I try
  port                        Server Name
8080 ... Nope                FMT1 ... Nope
1433 ... Nope                    same
1624 ... Nope                    same

Do I need to set something outside the Samba ? I don't have a clue now
both terminals talks to each other just fine, I just need it to automatically refresh everytime, for example, new table add...without the need of hitting other pages.

Help !!! :)

Tha99

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 02:15:02 am »
So I read through the forum, and found out maybe I didn't turn Samba.MessagingServer.exe on...

Yeah, I didn't. The application is in the program folder. It's now says "connect" at my home computer. Hopefully it would work also at the restaurant.

Just want to update it's been fixed...pretty stupid one! :(

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 03:09:46 am »
MessageServer.exe will run on server. On terminals you'll setup "Message Server Name" (server computer name) and enable "Auto Start Message Client" setting.

If message server is running on server and local settings are correct you have to see green "connected" label on bottom status bar. If it displays "can't connect" most probably the firewall application is blocking message server app or sambapos accessing/listening 8080 port. Give required permissions and retry.