Author Topic: Trade Button  (Read 6491 times)

jenem

Trade Button
« on: January 15, 2012, 11:24:08 am »
My brother operates a system where local shopowners have a Trade card that intitles them to have certain items at a fixed price.

IE any take away coffee 1.50 instead of 2.00. Is it possible to have a button that when pressed changes selected item to trade price defined in price list.

I know the is an option for change price and there's a discount button on settle screen but this is for % percent discount?

I'm trying to think of a easy way for an operator just to select an item and it just picks up item trade price from price list.

Any tips or advice greatly received.

Edgar

JohnS

• Global Moderator
Re: Trade Button
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 10:38:59 pm »
You come up with some good scenarios. I like this one.

Works with Ticket Tags, but you can't set a Ticket Tag on a new Ticket, only after an item has been selected.

Set 1 Action
Action 1 - Update Last Ticket Item Price Tag - Set to the Price Definition you want
Set 2 Rules
Rule 1 - Ticket Tag Selected, Tag Name = Trade, Action - as above
Rule 2 - Line Added to Ticket, Ticket Tag ? Trade, Action - as above

So you add the item, hit Trade button and the price changes on the item you just added and all items thereafter, that have Trade prices will show the Trade price. To stop trade pricing on a Ticket, hit the Trade button and then X - this does not effect the last item added.

I would use this in conjunction with a membership card to make it automatic when your select the customer.
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

jenem

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 01:31:59 am »
Hi John,

Good Morning!!

Thanks for your advice. Its just a way of local businesses to support each other. If my brother goes to the greengrocer he has his order at a lower price.So when the greengrocer comes to his shop he has certain items at a trade price.It helps local business support each other by sending customers to each other shop.

I think it may be a good idea to tie it to a trade membership list, this would track amount spent.

I will try your suggestions later.

As always, Thanks  :)!
Edgar

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 04:24:19 am »
Another option is creating a new department. A department can have its own price list and you can switch easily between normal department and trade department.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 04:30:30 am »
The second option is using modifiers.
You can create "Discounts" modifier group and add items such as "0.50 off", "0.75 off", "1.00 off", etc...
You'll enter modifier prices as negative numbers :)
You'll activate single selection and enable "Add modifier price to product price"

Combining them with "default properties" feature you can add discounted item buttons in your menu.

Let me describe you this little trick.

For example you have a discount modifier named 0.50 off for Coffee.
  • Enter Menu List, open your menu, double click to the category where Coffee is in..
  • You can't add coffee again because it already inserted in menu. Right Click on "Product List" and choose Display All Values. Now you'll see Coffee at the end of the Product List. Add it to the "Selected Products" list and click "OK". Now you'll have two Coffee buttons in your menu.
  • Click "Edit Product Properties" and change the header of the second button something like "Discounted Coffe"
  • Enter 0.50 off to the default properties column. You can merge multiple properties with comma here. For this reason your modifier names can't contain comma...
Now when you click "Discounted Coffee" button 0.50 off modifier automatically applies...

Normally we use this feature for creating menus with modifiers. For example we create modifiers for Hamburger Menu drinks and deserts. When user clicks Hamburger Menu default modifiers (for example coke + apple pie) applies. If needed operator changes them... For this example we enter Coke,Apple Pie to Default Properties column

On your end of day report you'll see total discount amount at "modifers" section.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 05:04:36 am by emre »

jenem

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 07:54:52 am »
Hi Emre,
Found it easier to set up trade department.

Can you make the Department buttons which appear at the bottom of the screen a bit bigger?

Thanks

I also tried to set up customer name with trade group. As noted you have to enter telephone number before names appear.
Would it be possible to all list customers under data entry field so you could select a customer from the list instead of having to type in name?

I tried to select customer which would pick up trade designation and switch price list but sometimes the swapped price list does not witch back to normal price list. no doubt its my logic. :)

Edgar