Author Topic: printer autocut before printing process is finished  (Read 6857 times)

lewasabisushi

printer autocut before printing process is finished
« on: December 18, 2012, 05:51:34 am »
Hi, please help me :)
I have this configuration
A dell optiplex and a star micronics SP542 with autocut function.
every time I print ticket, report, or receipt, the printer cut the paper about 3 or 4 lines before the end of printed paper.
How do I correct this?
Thank you.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: printer autocut before printing process is finished
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 07:21:29 am »
Hello. Star branded printers might support Star Emulation by default configuration. If it supports you should change it to "ESC/POS emulation"

If the problem is only with cutting you can try adding few empty lines under ticket by adding <L00> lines under footer format.

lewasabisushi

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 05:21:15 pm »
Thank You
I managed to do that for ticket printer. I also want to remove the ! sign because it overprints other character. Any suggestion?

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 07:07:40 pm »
The reason of the appearance of ! mark is printer do not process ESC/POS commands. If your printer supports it enabling ESC/POS emulation will solve all issues. It should be done through printer configuration software.

If it does not support ESC/POS commands you can try changing printer type to "Text Printer". You'll loose some features such as bold printing or logo printing but everything else will work fine. It will correctly fit on paper.

lewasabisushi

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 12:46:57 am »
I think the printer support ESC/POS emulation but with hardware switch. I will inform you again after I try it at home. Thank you very much, you are a kind person.