Author Topic: Set Up file Problems  (Read 8430 times)

Ali

Set Up file Problems
« on: January 06, 2013, 03:30:53 pm »
Hi Emre,

How are you hope you enjoyed the weekend.

Ok as well as using the samba pos and understanding how it works from user point of view I am trying to also learn how it works from the code point of view and how it all goes togeather which I find fascinating.

Now in a previous post i said i was going to install a fresh copy and set it up in my family restaurant, but what im trying to do is make a few adjustments to the code ie layout of some buttons as on some 7" android devices I can see the exit button and a few other things and also
rename a few items so the staff can easily relate to them. As you can understand in the restaurant business staff tend not to like something if they don't understand it or is different to what they used to for example ticket/ reciept.

I know you said on a post that all code changed should be uploaded to your server but at the moment am just learning Samba Pos and I want to create a set up file just for my family restaurant so they can use it with android and Ipad, and I get the best of both worlds. I can use it in the restaurant and at home I can see the inner workings and learn and maybe help in further development of this great software.

I have read on a post to download inno setup and comppile the set up file in samba settings folder but I dont know what im doing or if there
are some items missing but every time I open the setup.iss file and try to compile it It just throws up error after error. the first saying windows

what do you guys suggest or is there a way to do it or am I doing something wrong?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as I tried this weekend to create it and set up samba Pos to install this week at the restaurant but just this problem is coming up.

I have attached an Image Also.

Kind Regards

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: Set Up file Problems
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 08:09:49 pm »
Can't see the image but if it is V3 setup it won't work standalone. I've modified it to be able to integrate it with our CI server. In fact setup is not needed for personal needs. You can just xcopy the output folder.

There is no requirement about uploading your modifications. It is up to you. When you clone main repo it becomes private to you. You can upload your changes, refresh or delete your own repo. We have no control on it. When you think you have something interesting you let us know it by creating a "pull request". If it fits to our solution we merge it with our repo.

The main purpose of this suggestion is creating a benefit to you and other people who may need your changes. If further SambaPOS releases contains your changes you'll be able to upgrade to latest releases. That is the idea.

Ali

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 05:32:38 am »
Hi Emre,

No I dont think its V3, its samba pos 2, when i go to samba setup folder and double click set up.iss and it opens up in inno set up i click
compile but errors come up.
I couldnt attach the file last night the size was too big, I have attached one now so you can see.

Where is the output folder??

Yes I totally understand and your suggestion is very right after all it is a community and when i do find something interesting which im sure
will be soon I will deffinalty create a pull request, at the moment I am just in the exploring and experimenting phase.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 05:45:31 am »
I think latest version of Inno setup gives that message.
You can try removing line 97.  (MinVersion setting)

The output folder is SambaSetup/src. It refreshes on "Release" builds.

Ali

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 06:12:26 am »
Hi,
I did try that but then it went onto the langauges that are not in there and when i removed the langages it went to some files that are refrenced in the set up.iss file but are not in the samba setup file.
do you think downloading an earlier version of set up will work and where can i get that from?

the output folder has many iss files How do i compile all them??

Sorry if the questions sound silly but this is my first time using this type of way I was previously used to working with ms access so trying to step up a few levels. :-)

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 06:57:43 am »
You should generate a release build with visual studio. It will copy all needed files to output dir and inno setup will be able to find them.

Ali

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 07:47:17 am »
Thanks,

So to fully understand, I open then project, then create a release build and it will create all the neccesarry files.

then how to i get inno setup to look them up?? is there a file or a way to open it up so inno set up pulls everything up?

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 07:56:19 am »
Release build copies files to SambaSetup/src and inno setup looks for files in SambaSetup/src

If you check file paths on inno project file you'll understand it better.

Ali

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 08:02:48 am »

Ok i will try this tonight.

Shall i create a new project and copy everything to their or do it in existing project? will it over write the src files that are already there?

by the way thanks you for the quick reply. :-)

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 08:06:16 am »
Yes, overwrites :)

Ali

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 08:15:42 am »
Thank You i will try this out tonight when i get home.

Just trying to get my head around it.
I may try to use the inno setup wizard that might be easier.

Thanks Emre, I will let you know tonight if I managed todo it or not :-).

Ali

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 05:24:49 am »
Hi Emre,

Just a quick Update.

Thank you for your help that did solve my problems, I didn't understand the steps but your guidance helped.

I have now got it installed and I am in testing phase I am using the Ipad too which works great and the staff everyone are loving it.

There is a couple of small issues I have however, the RDP on the Ipad is a little slow when pressing buttons but i think That i wont be able
to do much about, However,

I have a problem which I don't know if it can be done or there is a solution, I Have created the menu and our menu has quite a a few menu Items/Departments such as for example Pizzas, Burgers, Drinks, Steaks, Chicken Grill, Lamb Grill, Desserts and so on.

the problem is when there is more to fit on the screen it creates a scroll bar but on the Ipad the scroll bar is too tiny and you have to
try to select it about 20 times sometimes before you can move down. I have tried to make the menu buttons height a little small but that
is still not enough and then it all looks cramped.

Emre is there a better solution to this in your opinion? Or what would be better as its designed for a touch screen and a up and down buttons at the top of the menu and below so the user can click on the button to scroll down the list but I dont think that is possible in this or is it??

Kind Regards

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 06:19:27 am »
You should be able to scroll by clicking and dragging on menu button area but ideally you shouldn't have scrollbars. Please check this topic for ideas about optimizing menu buttons
http://forum2.sambapos.org/index.php/topic,1069.0.html

If it does not help send us a screenshot.

Ali

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 09:08:39 am »
Hi Emre,

Thanks for the reply, I tried the dragging on the pc touch its ok, but on the IPAD it doesnt work well.
I have attached a screen shot for you to view.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 11:05:30 am »
I think the best solution will be creating sub categories.