Author Topic: German Tax authority  (Read 6856 times)

nibelungen

German Tax authority
« on: January 01, 2012, 01:17:34 pm »
Hello,

i think some of you use sambapos in germany - is it compliant with the
laws of the tax authority? There are some points that have to be fullfille so
i hope someone has already get some official information about this.

Thanks in advance!

best regards.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: German Tax authority
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 06:38:32 pm »
well.. nibelungen it is a little hard for us to get tax laws of countries, implement requirements and receive official tax law compliance confirmations for SambaPOS. Especially for an open source software that received exactly 21 cents donation :) Maybe that can be done by an official tax software that can work with exported SambaPOS data.

When I'm not happy with my answer, I'm thinking the same thing... everytime..

There are four choices. People will start supporting and contribute detailed information, code, documentation or something similar about what they are dreaming for and we'll make them true. Or they'll wait until we become rich and we hire people to do that for us. Or they'll wait until SambaPOS become popular and a programmer from Germany donate that code to SambaPOS. Or they'll pay thousands to a crappy, unfriendly software and they'll feel fine :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 06:41:07 pm by emre »

nibelungen

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 07:23:41 am »
thanks emre for your reply,

the question was not asked to you/the developers, honestly i really dont think it is your part
to make an open source product tax authority compliant!
I hoped that some users checked this already if the tax authority has any complaints against
sambapos - maybe everything is fine already!

Well - 21 cents donation is really a mess - there are up to 300 downloads for some releases...
Currently i just test and play with your software, ordered a printer to test printing and if everything
works and i can get a friend to use it i will remind him to donate for sure... :)

So i´m really new to POS systems and tax authority - the good (and of course bad) thing in germany
are the laws... really detailed and for everything you ever can think of there is a law.
The main part describes that the Journal/log can not be manipulated (i think by an user) and it has to
be consistently, the withdrawal of an order has to be logged and the main part is the Z-Bon, it is
the cash register receipt summation for the whole day -> they have to be consecutively numbered.
The Z-Bon has to contain the following content:

Name of the Company
    Date/Time of the print
    Brutto-DayIncome (divided by Taxes)
    a consecutively numbered (autogenerated)
    all withdrawal order
    and the information that the memory has been resetted / daychange

So that´s what i know. I think some of the points are already given in sambapos
and maybe there is really one user from germany here who got some experience with
sambapos and germany tax authority.

It should not be a part of the developes as i already mentiontened. :)

Best regards!
-andreas

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 09:00:54 am »
Hi, Andreas. I'm sorry, that was not a direct response to your question. I only shared my thoughts after reading your question.

Generally speaking, SambaPOS is a community driven project and community will decide if it will be compatible with German laws or not. As a SambaPOS developer I want to make it compatible with everything, implement all these great features and respond to all questions with "yes it does that". That's why I released it as a free and open source application. So lots of people can contribute little pieces and we can build the great thing together. But there is a risk. If it does not happen community will create complaints instead of contributions and that may destroy SambaPOS project. This is what happens for most open source projects so part of me or not I have to find an answer to everything to avoid that... :)

Donations is not in our primary business plan but it indicates the community support it receives from a different perspective. That's why I mentioned that. Thanks...