Author Topic: Tax Calculation on list price  (Read 8079 times)

oiqbal

Tax Calculation on list price
« on: January 28, 2013, 07:38:35 am »
Hi,

We are currently using the system and our tax is not inclusive of our prices. When we punch an order we need the tax to be calculated on the list price as defined in the products page. When a discount is applied the tax amount is recalculated, we need to calculate tax on the list price rather than the discounted price. How can we achieve this functionality. Thank you.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: Tax Calculation on list price
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 08:33:43 pm »
Does tax differs by product? I don't know if it will work or not but if you have a single tax rate for entire ticket we can try something.

oiqbal

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 05:13:07 am »
Thank you for reverting back to me. The tax amount is 16% and its not inclusive in the product price. The tax rate is consistent for all the products in the menu.

We need to charge the full tax amount on the listed price even after a product has been gifted or given a discount on. I hope you've understood the scenario. If you have any queries do let me know.

Thank you and good day.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 08:05:45 am »
Hmm, I see.. It is not possible because we do not calculate tax for gifted items.
I'll add this to my todo list.

oiqbal

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 11:24:51 am »
ok forget the gifted items, what about the discounted items. Can we calculated tax on the full amount of the  product even if a discount is applied before settling.

sukasem

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 02:44:04 pm »
What I do is when customer pay I key in discount amount and click payment as voucher.
Let say total bill + tax before discount $20 and you want to give discount $3, on settlement screen put $3 as voucher and $17 as credit card.

This is not really solve the problem but kind of workaround until feature be available but I have problem using this too because I use voucher payment type for Groupon coupon too.  I know that new v3 will have custom payment type which is will solve Groupon coupon.

oiqbal

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 03:05:00 pm »
Thanks for the solution, it does kinda solve the problem to an extent. But like you said this is a turnaround but it works for us, but another issue now that I am facing is that I want to display the amount entered via Voucher separately in invoice.

Referring to the use case you've mentioned we would like to have something like this
Subtotal $10
GST $2
Bill Total $12
Less:Voucher $3
Payable $9

So how do we print the amount entered via the voucher. For now if we enter the entire amount as voucher it is taken as cash paid. If we are not able to do this it doesn't show the correct balance on the customer invoice. I hope you understand my point.

Thanks.

sukasem

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 05:36:09 pm »
You may need to create new printer template.
Insert this line:
<J01>Coupon/Discount | {PAYMENT TOTAL}
<J11>Amount Due | {Balance}
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 05:38:15 pm by sukasem »

oiqbal

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 06:00:48 pm »
I appreciate your help but this really didn't solve the problem. If I make the printer template like you have suggested we end the problem is that in-case we need to generate duplicate bills the entire amount is shown in the Discount/Coupon line.

This would create a lot of problem for the accounts people when they generate the receipts for filing of the tax at month end.

Is there any other way where we can store the value of tax prior to applying a discount and then print it later on the invoice using Actions/Rules.

Thanks.

sukasem

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 06:16:45 pm »
Sorry, I have to leave it for master emre to answer this.
I don't quite understand Action/Rules/Trigger yet.

oiqbal

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 01:03:48 pm »
Hmm, I see.. It is not possible because we do not calculate tax for gifted items.
I'll add this to my todo list.
so when you say you'll add it to your todo list, does that mean you'll implement this in V2 and send a new build or will this be incorporated in V3. If V2, any timelines.

Thank you.

rvandam

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 03:42:08 pm »
There won't be any new features added to V2, so you will have to bet on V3 which will be released within weeks.

oiqbal

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 03:51:56 pm »
thanks for the prompt reply and apologies for being pushy, but within weeks means less than a month i presume.

cheers
 :D