Author Topic: Sales groups  (Read 5684 times)

rvandam

Sales groups
« on: January 29, 2013, 10:57:34 am »
I have worked on this whole day, unfortunately I cannot find a solution....

I have set up the pos according to our administrator, to put the products in only a few sales groups

Food
Soft Drinks
Alcohol

This way the sales reports show up immediately the right amounts to book into the administration.

Unfortunately this leads to lots of problems for our employees, because the excellent template group tag doesn't work. I cannot separate the products in starters, main course etc etc., because they all remain in the group Food.

Is there a workaround for this problem? Either to get financial reports in the sales groups from above, or use tagging for grouping items in the printer templates?

I also saw an option ticket tags, but I am not sure if this is usable.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: Sales groups
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 11:14:11 am »
Instead of "Group Code" you can group them by "Tag" value that you'll see in product card. Using {PRODUCT TAG} as grouping value should do the job.

rvandam

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 11:52:34 am »
Thank you Emre. I already tried something in that direction, but it didn't work. Now I know it must be possible I will try a bit harder :)

rvandam

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 01:15:11 pm »
I could not rest before I was sure it would work and went back to the office. I tried to get results using the {ITEM TAG} without result. With the {PRODUCT TAG} in group template everything works excellent!

Thanks again! Tomorrow will be tagging day :)

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 07:59:47 am »
Yes {ITEM TAG} is also a grouping tag but it groups items by line tags. For example you can tag order lines as seat1, seat2 and group them by seats.