Author Topic: Modifiers on CSR Reports  (Read 7261 times)

lemmings

Modifiers on CSR Reports
« on: January 29, 2013, 07:26:34 am »
Is it possible that with a few code changes this can be done ?

Iam happy to make the adjustments myself but I have been trying for last few days without success.

C# is quite new to me. I cannot seem to add a class/method to pull in the TicketItemProperty.name to the ReportContext class with getting an error when run in Dao.Query.

I must be making an error somewhere. So before I pull my hair out a bit more - is it quite an easy code change or does it require lots of amendments to various modules.

Considering the ticket pulls through the modifiers when you access them I should be able to access them in the Reports module.

Currently Iam querying the SQL directly to get the report info I need but it would be easier if my father could do it himself within Sambapos.

Your help as always would be appreciated.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: Modifiers on CSR Reports
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 07:44:30 am »
Hello lemmings. We normally list modifiers on product report.  Does it gives an idea?

That part starts from Line 119: We called modifiers as "properties" in source code. Maybe that confused you.

https://github.com/emreeren/SambaPOS-2/blob/master/Samba.Modules.BasicReports/Reports/ProductReport/ProductReportViewModel.cs#L119

lemmings

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 08:02:47 am »
Hi Emre

Thanks for the fast response. I thought they should appear on a work report somewhere but they do not.

It makes me question if my modifiers are set-up correctly but everything else works. Tickets. Removing modifiers and changing tables etc etc.

The modifiers are only needed for statistical analysis anyway so thats why my father was quite happy with an xls spreadsheet.

I will double check everyrhing later to make sure as no point duplicating whats already been done

Again many thanks

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 08:07:14 am »
If you assigned products to modifiers they won't appear there because we thought we already list products in product list and listing them again in modifiers report might be confusing.

lemmings

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 08:30:05 am »
Ah, most of my modifiers are assigned to products for inventory and recipe purposes.

As the restaurant business is new to my father. He just wants some data for statistical purposes which dont show up directly.

For example. How many people request corn cob with their meal as apposed to a side salad. These are both modifiers in the steak product meal but are also products as can be sold individually.

I usually make sql queries and paste the results and email them to my dad who then puts them in his own spreadsheet.

I will check over the work reports again to make sure I have not missed anything.

lemmings

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 04:00:11 pm »
Hi Emre

When I got home from work this evening I took a look at the code you referred to and I solved my issue and now the Item Sales Report shows modifiers

The MenuItemId == 0 was stopping modifiers from being displayed, once I amended to MenuItemId != 0, I have modifiers (properties) and they list correctly so that's another problem sorted.  My father can print his own reports and put them into his master spreadsheet.

Thanks for the pointer - that is my only issue with the code, Im a c# newbie and plus having to find other coders methods/classes to be able to modify correctly.

See attached picture

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 08:02:59 am »
It looks great !  ;)

Buscad0r

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 11:14:56 pm »
Hello lemmings,
I read the changes you made to the code and get the Item Sales Report shows modifiers.
Can you please send me your revised build which i can replace the mine.

Thanks

lemmings

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 04:42:11 pm »
Hi

I can send you the revised dll module which you can replace in the SambaPos2 program directory.

I amended the code then just copied the Samba.Modules.BasicReports.dll to my Program Files.

Just let me know and I will send over.

Buscad0r

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 11:58:41 am »
Hi

It's ok for me,

Will you post it in here?

thank you very much.