Author Topic: Recipes with modifiers  (Read 5923 times)

lemmings

Recipes with modifiers
« on: January 31, 2013, 03:12:18 am »
I still cannot get this to work properly.  Inventory still goes down regardless that the modifier has been removed.  The only way I can get it to work is create individual recipes for each modifier but that seems to be duplicating the products.

Can someone help me with this example, just to confirm if I have input all the information correctly in the menu, modifier and product setup.

Chicken Wings
Sauce Options - BBQ and Buffalo (set as modifier sauce)
Default properties - Carrot Sticks, Celery Sticks, Blue Cheese Sauce, Sour Cream (set as modifier options so they can be removed if customer does not want them)

So when add a menu item to a ticket it comes up

Chicken Wings
 Carrot Sticks
 Celery Sticks
 Blue Cheese Sauce
 Sour Cream

Waiter selects sauce, the recipe and inventory works fine at this stage and inventory is reduced by correct sums.

If the waiter makes a modification say, removes Celery Sticks and Blue Cheese Sauce, the inventory for these items is still reduced.

Currently my recipe for Chicken Wings is set up with Carrot Sticks, Celery Sticks, Blue Cheese Sauce and Sour Cream so I suspect that's the reason why this is happening.  The only way it works properly is by setting up separate recipes for Carrot Sticks_Chicken Wings, Celery Sticks_Chicken Wings etc etc. - This seems to defeat the purpose of having a recipe for a menu item.

If I setup this way Chicken Wings is going to have 14 recipes (7 for each portion) and this cannot be correct.

Help !!  :)