Author Topic: moving sub-tags  (Read 6046 times)

lemmings

moving sub-tags
« on: February 02, 2013, 04:12:35 pm »
See attached screenshot.  The tutorials state that you can have unlimited sub-tags for planning menu layouts but I cannot seem to get the sub-tags to wrap to new lines.  I have tried setting column count to 4 but sub-tags ignore it.

Is there anyway around this

Addition: I know I can increase the scroll bar size which will help with usability and the main menu can be scrolled but this reduces the overall width of the menu buttons, I was thinking of amending the forms but Im not sure of the overall affect on the ticket side if I reduce the size by some pixels to allow for the increased scroll-bar size.

Unless I can reduce the menu categories, I cannot really use sub-tags as these seem to get smaller and smaller so I can let the menu scroll vertically or try and reduce menu categories and hope that it still remains usable.

Has anyone had an similar issues when setting up menus, I have found a few posts but not any fixes - at least none that have been posted.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 04:22:06 pm by lemmings »

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: moving sub-tags
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 05:46:27 pm »
Wow a lot of sub-categories...
You have 3 options.
1. You can merge some sub-categories. I don't now how many items exists in Hot Dogs or Burgers categories but we normally merge them and display with different colored buttons.
2. You can break sub-categories to deeper levels.
3. You can use smaller names. eg. "Best of"

If none of them solves it and you want to display it on multiple rows you'll need to modify the source code.

lemmings

Re: moving sub-tags
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 06:34:29 pm »
Once again, thanks Emre.

After adding in the rest of the menu categories, I was left with no choice but to use a vertical scroll bar.

I want to make it easy for staff to find the items they are looking for so dont want any strange category name.  At the moment I have amended the source so that the Menu Category buttons are wide enough, the scrollbar has been made wider and having tested is usable.

I think the staff will have a better chance of find the menu items this way.

I will  take a look at the source code to see if I can get sub-tags to wrap to new lines or at least take notice of the menu item column count but I needed to get this back to operation for my dads restaurant today.

lemmings

Re: More than one row of sub-tags
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 03:17:00 am »
I have successfully amended the source code so that sub-tags does not have the row restriction that therefore stretches over multiple rows.

I have been able to reduce the main categories now so no scrollbar is required.

I also allowed the use of \r in the sub-tag text which is merely for asthetic purposes.

If anyone wants the edits just let me know