Author Topic: How to include Prepayment / Deposit on payment ticket ?  (Read 6411 times)

TonyY

How to include Prepayment / Deposit on payment ticket ?
« on: February 07, 2013, 06:01:10 am »
Hi SambaPos forum members,

How to include Prepayment / Deposit on payment ticket ?

Some customer may pay a deposit for booking / reservation of tables on certain occasions either by cheque or cash in advance.

How do we input the payment in advance and show as prepayment/deposit on the grand total ticket when the customer pay the balance due on actual day of the meal.

Your guidance would be most appreciated.

rvandam

Re: How to include Prepayment / Deposit on payment ticket ?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 10:05:19 am »
I don't think Sambapos provides such an option...

You could make a product called deposit for 1,00 (when somebody pays $50,00 you type 50 then deposit), and map that deposit on a table. Then you can add products to the table. When the customer want to pay you cancel the product deposit. In the checkout you give as amount $50,00 then you print the ticket.

On the ticket you will have a total amount, and the amount already payed.

lemmings

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 10:56:12 am »
I set up a customer account for these booking fees/deposits. The payment can be made in the customer account screen.

When the customer arrives I run a table order as normal. Once they are ready to pay on the payment screen is a customer accounts button, you can transfer the ticket amount to the customer then settle the bill.

The only drawback is getting a receipt. We do  this via word but it is on my list of source code edits

TonyY

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 08:17:16 pm »
Thanks for the reply. Have to to think of a work around then.