Author Topic: Setup printer templated for a sepcific situation  (Read 7360 times)

One33Seven

Setup printer templated for a sepcific situation
« on: February 15, 2013, 08:43:23 am »
Hi,

The following workflow in my resaurant is as follows. We have several kitchen (not customer) departments:
* Pizza's
* Grill
* Drinks
* Rest
* Packaging

What happens is when a customer places an order it gets split into the different departments and prepared there. Finally packaging picks everything up and packages it.

What I want todo is the following. I want a ticket for all the products from the different departments separately so all the departments know what they should make and finally I want one big  ticket for the packaging department so they know what they should package.

I have set this up but SmabaPOS doesn't print the final big ticket.

rvandam

Re: Setup printer templated for a sepcific situation
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 05:36:38 am »
Have you tried to add a new print rule and select "print all lines?"

One33Seven

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 07:20:54 am »
Hi,

This is what the current result looks like
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13819180/2013-02-16%2014.15.46.jpg

The ticket at the bottom left (the one which says KEUKEN at the top) should have all the items on it.

And this is how it's setup

« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 07:28:15 am by One33Seven »

rvandam

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 07:37:39 am »
I found out that using both an * and a product group name (pizza's) in a printer mapping doesn't work well. I would suggest making one print job for printing to the kitchen departments, and add a new print job for the packaging.

You can also add one mapping to the "print ticket" print job, so one ticket is printed at the cash register, and one copy is printed at the packaging dep.

Edit: you didn't tell exactly what is wrong with the tickets from the picture, so I am guessing a bit for the right solution.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 07:40:34 am by rvandam »

One33Seven

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 08:13:56 am »
I found out that using both an * and a product group name (pizza's) in a printer mapping doesn't work well. I would suggest making one print job for printing to the kitchen departments, and add a new print job for the packaging.

You can also add one mapping to the "print ticket" print job, so one ticket is printed at the cash register, and one copy is printed at the packaging dep.

Edit: you didn't tell exactly what is wrong with the tickets from the picture, so I am guessing a bit for the right solution.

I'll try this.

Probably wasn't clear enough on the problem. The problem is that I need 1 ticket with just Pizza items, 1 ticket with just Grill items and then finally 1 ticket with all the items. In the picture the ticket on the bottom left (the one that says KEUKEN at the top) should contain all the items of that transaction.

/EDIT:

I solved it as follows. First I wanted it to print manually and adding more printjobs ment more buttons to push manually and more that could go wrong. What I did was select print automatically after adding items to ticket and then add seperate jobs for all the departments.

Tnx.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 08:22:26 am by One33Seven »