Author Topic: SeamlessWeb Order Integration with SambaPOS  (Read 5474 times)

aloupos

SeamlessWeb Order Integration with SambaPOS
« on: February 22, 2013, 04:08:32 pm »
Hi Everyone.  I'm working on an integration between SeamlessWeb -- an online delivery service in the US/UK where customers place orders through a web interface and the order is faxed to the restaurant -- and SambaPOS.  I'm doing this because during busy periods, like diner rush, we get hammered with these tickets over the fax machine, and the waitresses need to get them from the fax machine and put them in to the POS by hand, then confirm the #.  It takes a lot of time and is error prone. 

I've written (in PHP) the part of the interface that connects to seamless web, gets any new orders and maps them to the menu item names in SambaPOS. 

Given this background, how should I  insert the ticket and address into SambaPOS?  I could probably do this using the database, but I'd also like the ticket to print when the order is inserted. 

I thought it might be possible using the terminal for communication.  Or perhaps you know of a better way.

Of course I'll share the code with the community once it's completed. :)

Thanks in advance!

toni

Re: SeamlessWeb Order Integration with SambaPOS
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 04:32:54 am »
You can place your order to samba very easily however, you can't get your order printed automatically without developing a code in samba, for instance  a trigger that would check for your online orders and run an action (print job).