Author Topic: Problem with the printed receipt.  (Read 4127 times)

andlcp

Problem with the printed receipt.
« on: March 02, 2013, 06:55:57 pm »
First of all i'd like to thank you for this amazing software. I've worked with several POS software and never saw anything simple, good and objective like Samba. Really amazing.

Im using the SambaPOS fast-food module at my restaurant, everything is working like a charm, but theres something that is annoying me. The receipt that goes out of the kitchen printer has a lot of blank space after the products list. I've already tried several different setups for the template, but nothing seems to remove this blank space, even the default setup has this problem. Maybe this has something to do about my printer, i dont know. The blank space is 2 or 3 times bigger than the necessary for the order.

My printer is this one: http://www.daruma.com.br/produtos.php?id_linha=2#

Its a generic text printer.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you in advance.

andlcp

Re: Problem with the printed receipt.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 01:53:31 pm »
No ideas?

I dont know what to do anymore. Im wasting a lot of paper because of this problem.
I've already tried serveral setups and nothing seems to work. =/

Thank you.

lemmings

Re: Problem with the printed receipt.
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 02:13:28 pm »
Have you checked your driver settings ?

Some receipt printers will form feed after printing, also on checking the instructions on the website you gave I cannot see any indication that it is an ESC/POS printer.  The printer templates in SambaPOS issue ESC/POS commands so if your printer does not support these commands you may have issues with the printing