Author Topic: loyal customers  (Read 3825 times)

tonishala

loyal customers
« on: March 09, 2013, 06:44:47 am »
Hello everyone,
I have registered costumers, who work on different companies, and they visit us often, they can pay later which is normal, we settle that with ‘Account button’, and when they pay we sort that from cash drawer,
My question is: can I offer them somehow 10% discount, but on this way:  when they reach 100 Euros on their account I want to add 10 Euros somehow on their account, in this way I want to connect them more with our restaurant..
Is there a way to do this or similar way?
Thanks for your help in advance.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: loyal customers
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 09:35:11 am »
Should SambaPOS automatically decrease $10 when a customer account reaches $100? I doubt we can implement that because it is a little hard to track every $100 gift point after account gets few partial sell & payment transactions. However you can manually increase & decrease account balance by using credit & debit buttons.

We have better customer loyalty support on V3. In fact it is a little hard to implement it on late pay cases. Customer loyalty features (points) are better than discounts because instead of less pay it motivates to spend more. For example instead of deducting bill to $90 you gift them to spend $10 more for free. On most cases customers use it to buy extra stuff. But it may not work fine when used with late payments.

You can take a look at SambaCard tutorial on new.sambapos.org website to have an idea about how customer cards works. That tutorial demonstrates manual point additions to card account but it is possible to configure Sambapos to automatically add %10 points to the card account on payment.

tonishala

Re: loyal customers
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 11:48:43 am »
Emre thanks for your prompt reply,
That’s exactly what I meant, when customer account reaches 100 dollars (by buying food at us), we credit them on their account bonus 10 dollars, basically with 100 dollars  they get 110 dollars of food at our restaurant.
I see your point by late payments, but I really need to find a way in V2 for this, maybe if there is no option for this I can do it manually by checking who reached 100 dollars and credit their account with 10 dollars, this is only for the customers that are in the mall that I have my restaurant,
We are two restaurants in the mall, and all the workers that work in the mall eat at the only two restaurants (one of them is us), we have 70% of the workers eating at us and these are loyal customers to us, and for that I would like to find a way to keep them coming and maybe increase the 70%.
I hope you can understand the case from my poor English, and if you have any idea for these customers please let me know.
The same thing I’m trying to do for the delivery department, but the good thing in delivery department there will be no late payments so it will be maybe easier, thanks for your help emre,
Regards
Tony.