Author Topic: LED8 Display pole, keep amount on display.  (Read 5969 times)

Marco

LED8 Display pole, keep amount on display.
« on: March 14, 2013, 05:39:15 am »
Hi Guys

I'm just starting with Samba pos and am loving it. Got everything to work, the receipt and kitchen printer, the Australian tax etc etc.

But I'm stuck on my Customer display pole. It has a 8 digit LED display, and I can't get it to work.
When it boots up it shows 0.00
In dos when I do 'cls>com5' it goes blank, so it is connected to com5.
I've created in win xp, a Pole Display Printer, on Com5 with driver generic/text only.
When I in notepad have the text 1234.12 and print this, the amount appears for half a second, then disappears.
In Sambapos, I get the error: 'There is a problem while printing, Please review the printer and printer template settings' and 'Error message: The given port name does not start with COM/com or does nor resolve to a valid serial port. Parameter name portName.'

I then changed the printer setting from PortPrinter to text. Now I do get the amount in a very quick flash, to then disappear again (more like 0.1 sec).

I'm looking for any hints on how to keep the information on the display.

Kind regards
Marco

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: LED8 Display pole, keep amount on display.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 06:35:10 am »
Hello Marco welcome to SambaPOS forums. When working with port printer you need to type port name (COM5) instead of printer name. Since port printer directly writes data to port (like you do on command prompt) there is no need to setup a generic printer.

Marco

Re: LED8 Display pole, keep amount on display.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 06:32:19 pm »
Thanks emre

So I changed the port to COM5, and 'PortPrinter' but I still got the error message 'There is a problem while printing, Please review the printer and printer template settings' and 'Error message: The given port name does not start with COM/com or does nor resolve to a valid serial port. Parameter name portName.'

Then I deleted the printer associated with COM5, and then it worked!!

Thanks so much, and hopefully this is a help to somebody else, that when you use the port printer, make sure that windows does not have a printer as well associated with this port.

Cheers,
Marco