Author Topic: Help with credit card processing  (Read 4987 times)

2013 User

Help with credit card processing
« on: March 22, 2013, 05:52:52 am »
I have not implemented in the real environment, and I have no knowledge of credit card processing. Please help me to understand how SambaPOS2 process credit card authorization.

When the Credit payment button is selected and the card is swiped through the USB credit card reader, will SambaPOS2 send the transaction to my bank automatically? What do I have to do to send the transaction to my bank? How do I batch credit card transactions at the end of the day?

Do I need to setup my merchant account with credit card terminal?

SambaPOS software is a great product!

DQ

Re: Help with credit card processing
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 04:12:21 am »
In your local setting screen, there is an option to select credit card provider.  It is not fully supported.

I have added support for First Data credit card processing for which you need a merchant account.

2013 User

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 06:29:46 pm »
Thanks for the information DQ!

chopstix

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 02:58:45 am »
Hi DQ,
I am new and tried to learn samba from reading however, I am very stuck on this Credit Card processing issue.  I downloaded latest version   SambaSetup299c.exe, and sucessfully install.  I have looked everywhere on the management panel - local settings and can not find credit card setup information.  Please help as I would like to use SambaPos with credit card integration for my small restaurant.  I am currently process thru authorize.net.  Thanks in advance.