Author Topic: Recipt printer - wrap long lines  (Read 16537 times)

jenem

Recipt printer - wrap long lines
« on: January 08, 2012, 06:05:33 am »
I have had a look at the print tags here http://doc.sambapos.org/doku.php/en/guide/printformattingcommands

But I could not see how to wrap long lines on printed receipt.

How (or if)is it possible to get a long line to overflow onto next line and then print price.

Any help would be appreciated.

Or is it possible to have full product description on button but print abbreviated print description

ie  button = Bacon and tomato paninii with scrambled eggs & beans

print =  B&T pannini & scrambled eggs +beans

Edgar

(I know I could Truncate product description if there was no alternative)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 06:08:50 am by jenem »

JohnS

• Global Moderator
Re: Recipt printer - wrap long lines
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 07:13:08 am »
If you use <J> tag the line will not wrap - you need to use <L> or <C> to wrap lines.

To have abbreviated text on the receipt you need to set the Product Name to what you want printed. Use Header Text when creating the menu to show full description. So to quote you, button = Header Text, and print = Product Name

Or you could try this for the printer template - Line Template

<L00>{NAME}
             * {PROPERTIES}
<J00>|{QUANTITY}x |${TOTAL}|  ${TOTAL AMOUNT}

This makes the tickets longer as you always print 2 lines per item minimum, but solves your problem another way.

Its possible Emre may have another way that isn't documented.
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

jenem

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 07:27:51 am »
Hi John,

Yes I found the option for change product and header text in product properties.

I'll have a play around. To be fair Sambapos is a first class piece of software and has more than enough to keep me happy.

I only wish I could program.
I learnt simple basic programming many years but only enough to get through exams.

Edgar

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 09:59:25 am »
Hi. It should wrap <J> tag when using with Slip Printer but I forgot to re-enable it while making latest changes with tags. Now it should work fine with 2.79. For long lines it automatically drops second part like John suggested. But you'll not see this effect on port, demo or text printers since they should print on line at a time.

Alternatively you can use Tag field for printing shorter titles. {PRODUCT TAG} prints Tag if not empty. If empty it should print product name instead.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 10:01:04 am by emre »

jenem

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 11:24:46 am »
As always,

thanks Emre

Edgar

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 05:58:21 pm »
Emre,

Just tested and with long lines the price does drop to the next line, but the product name does not wrap - it truncates at the end of the first line.

jenem

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 04:18:04 am »

Thanks for trying John.

I don't have access to a receipt printer yet.

Edgar

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 01:05:10 pm »
I tested it.. Latest release should work fine.

jenem

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 01:26:14 pm »
Thanks Emre.

Edgar

mozhi

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 08:01:02 am »
Hi Emre/John,

Thanks for all your great efforts..!!!

I have a query here..
Can WE have 2 different menus one for the Handheld terminal and other for the POS Terminal. I know it is Possible from the main the DePartment tab.

The reason for 2 different Menus with same items in both is coz of the size of the item name. The handheld terminals the items are merely visible if we keeP big names. Can we have some 1-1 maPPing for each of these menu items of POS and teminal menus

Do you suggest any work arounds for this.??

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 04:36:52 am »
Mozhi,

Yes, in Departments you can select a different menu for the Terminal app. You will need to create a menu specific to the Terminal app and it will be maintained separately to the main menu in respect of layout - price changes, modifiers, etc will update automatically. New/deleted items must be manually added/removed from both menus.

mozhi

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 01:57:38 am »
Hi all,
Have anyone tried a ethernet printer  in your setups. In my setup, there will be a ethernet printer in the kitchen which will be directly connected to my switch. All the client machines will communicate to the Kitchen printer to place the kitchen orders.

My problem is I am not able to access the printer. When i tried to ping the printer Ip (assigned while installing the driver), i am not able to reach the same. However wrt to the physical connectivity the lights are glowing on both the switch and the printer ends.

Any assistance on the same would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2012, 02:25:09 am »
What is the make and model? Do you have a Product URL?

Different brands and models of receipt printers are different to setup, some are really easy, but most take a bit to get going first time around.

mozhi

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2012, 04:42:13 am »
http://www.tvs-e.in/product.aspx?pid=5. This is the website. But not much information  is present.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2012, 04:53:50 am »
Hi all,
Have anyone tried a ethernet printer  in your setups. In my setup, there will be a ethernet printer in the kitchen which will be directly connected to my switch. All the client machines will communicate to the Kitchen printer to place the kitchen orders.

My problem is I am not able to access the printer. When i tried to ping the printer Ip (assigned while installing the driver), i am not able to reach the same. However wrt to the physical connectivity the lights are glowing on both the switch and the printer ends.

Any assistance on the same would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Mozhi, you assigned IP while installing driver but that IP configuration should be uploaded to printer. For this reason you'll connect to the printer with Ad-Hoc connection and upload settings with configuration program.