Author Topic: Triggers, Rules & Actions.  (Read 5988 times)

Helitrooper

Triggers, Rules & Actions.
« on: April 28, 2013, 09:56:49 am »
Hi All, I am having a bit of trouble with Triggers Rules & Actions, I am trying to set up a Happy Hour to change prices and to start at a regular time automatically, I have followed the instructions that I have found elsewhere on the forum but I just cannot get the 'HH' prices to show. I know my trigger works as I have made a test message & pop up window display at the right time but I can't for the life of me get the prices to change.

I added a new Price Definition - Happy Hour 'HH'   But I have only filled in 'HH' prices for some of my menu items while I am testing - does it only work when they are all filled in? or, if there is no 'HH' price will it default to the regular item price?

In the 'Rules' screen there is a box marked "Conditions", is it necessary to fill in the top line "Setting Check"? and if so what do you put in it?

The other thing that was not clear in the earlier posts is once you have changed the prices is it necessary to set up another Trigger,Rule & Action event to revert to the regular prices ?

Any help appreciated.

Helitrooper

Re: Triggers, Rules & Actions.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 11:24:48 am »
Great I have fixed it, I discovered that in the Departments screen there is a box called 'Price tag', now, I thought that was where i put the £-currency sign, Dohhh!!!

However, Having solved that, it brings up another problem, trying to change it back ! I have set up another Trigger,Rule, Action to revert to Normal price list but it wont change back,  is it because the original prices do not have a "tag"?  How do you give the Original price list a 'tag' ? or is there some other way to do it?