Author Topic: Printer problems  (Read 5790 times)

rvandam

Printer problems
« on: May 05, 2013, 12:27:19 pm »
This is more a Windows problem, then a Sambapos one, but it is possible that someone has had the same problems.

The problem we have is that occasionally our printers stop working. The spooler get filled with printer tasks (so Sambapos does its job well), and after a reboot all messages from the spool are printed (even when the printer remained powered on). 

We use Windows7 64 professional with two serial Epson printers. For two days the bar printer had this problem, and yesterday the kitchen printer stopped working. This problem is annoying because there is no error message. The printing fails silently, and after a while it is discovered that the orders didn't came through.

How should I deal with this? Is it for example possible (and wise) to disable the spool? There is also a printer setting "bi directional" but I don't know either if it is wise to change this setting.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: Printer problems
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 03:35:08 pm »
Hi Rvandam. Be sure you are using latest drivers for your printer before trying anything else. If it suddenly started malfunctioning restoring system back to a good working date might help too. Also it might be a hardware issue. Switching printers might give an idea.

rvandam

Re: Printer problems
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 12:08:42 am »
Thanks for the tips! I will check if there is a driver update. The problem only occurs occasionally. Yesterday it was a very busy day, and everything worked fine. This makes it hard to track down.