Author Topic: Samba Menu's  (Read 6927 times)

shaun_a458

Samba Menu's
« on: May 31, 2013, 08:29:06 pm »
Hi, I am trying to use two menus on samba as i have a restaurant which has one menu but two different prices. As one set of prices is for sitting in and the other is takeout priced. Now i wanted to know how i could use this on samba?

lemmings

Re: Samba Menu's
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 02:31:19 am »
I have the same principle in my restaurant.

Set up two departments Take-Away and Restaurant, you can then use same products and define price definitions for each department

shaun_a458

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 08:25:56 am »
Thanks for the help, i am trying to do that now.

shaun_a458

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 08:34:50 am »
lemmings, currently i take orders on paper and when i do i have the customers name on it. I have realized that on Samba, only if you do the restaurant the tables number come on. But if i want the takeout and put their names on it, then i cant. Would you be able to help me please.

lemmings

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 04:30:23 pm »
Do you need to store the customers name or just need it to reference the ticket - I assume the name is needed for takeout only.

If you just need the name on the ticket to reference the takeout order I think you can set up a ticket tag on the take-away department to store the customers name. Let me try it out on my test PC and I will post some instructions.

shaun_a458

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 04:51:05 pm »
No, just to reference the ticket and yes only for the takeout. Thank you.

lemmings

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 05:38:36 am »
Ok, what you could do is enable free tagging on Fast Food Department and then you will have a customer name linked to the Take-Away tickets, this name will not be stored.

1.Go to Manage > Ticket Tags > Add Ticket Tag
Complete as per first screen shot below tickettagscreen.jpg, I called the tag Customer and selected two colors to define used and unused.  I also created a couple of sub-tags NoName, Order1 and Order2 in case the customer name is not obtained (you can personalize as you wish), ensure you select Hide on Reports and enable Free Tagging, leave Save Free Tags unticked otherwise you will eventually have a huge list of Customer names as ticket tags and could create further confusion.

2.Go to Manage > Departments > Edit Take-Away Department
You need to add Customer to Ticket Tags for department and change POS Default Ticket Tag to Customer (or whatever you called your ticket tag above) as well, see screen shot departscreen.jpg, this will show the customer name on tickets in Take-Away department.

Now when you open Take-Away Department, you will see the customer ticket tag, when you have selected a new items for a new take-away then select Customer ticket, you screen should look similar to the orderscreen.jpg below. You can either select one of the sub-tags (if you create them) or add in a free-tag with the virtual keyboard.  As stated earlier these tags are not saved so the names will not appear in the sub-tags screen.

You can now close a Take-Away order ticket without Settling first (so now its similar to the Restaurant department).

You can see open tickets by Customer Ticket Tag by selecting the Customer button when you do not have a ticket currently open, see the screenshot, ticketscreen.jpg

Finally if you want to include the Customer ticket tag on the Printer Templates you need to add the following:

Customer:{TICKETTAG:Customer}

This can be added to header (for example) of any printer template.

Hope this is all clear but if you need any help let me know.