Author Topic: USB Powered Cash Drawer  (Read 8460 times)

Isaac

USB Powered Cash Drawer
« on: June 16, 2013, 07:15:06 am »
Does samba pos support a USB Powered Cash Drawer?

lernoutmaltas

Re: USB Powered Cash Drawer
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 08:45:53 pm »
From what I read in some parts of the forum but here

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 01:55:03 am »
Most USB cash drawers that I have seen require a driver installed. That gives you a COM port for the cash drawer, so you would enter the COM port number as the printer share name / port number - just like a pole display.
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

Isaac

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 05:50:07 am »
Most USB cash drawers that I have seen require a driver installed. That gives you a COM port for the cash drawer, so you would enter the COM port number as the printer share name / port number - just like a pole display.

Thanks John for the reply, yes I agree the driver would act as a emulator for a specific COM port I guess.

oda

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 10:58:30 am »
Just a quick question!

Normally with the regular cash drawer we send the command thru the printer in the same printer template.
Thus, the cash drawer will open after we settle the ticket or after we closed it!

My question is now, IF we use the usb cash drawer, we need to create a port for it and it will act as a separate printer port.
Now, do we have to create 2 printer template for it?
And if we have to, how do we trigger the cash drawer on the second port? (like it will open after we settle the ticket)

Thank you!

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 03:43:28 pm »
Yes, you need a separate printer template for the cash drawer (which many of us already have, as not everyone will print a receipt at settle)

Just create a Rule & Action to execute cash drawer print job on payment received.
Make sure you set the cash drawer print job to Manual for Auto Print After, and untick Close Ticket.
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.