Author Topic: Moving Open Tickets from DEPARTMENT TO DEPARTMENT  (Read 6591 times)

Isaac

Moving Open Tickets from DEPARTMENT TO DEPARTMENT
« on: June 25, 2013, 06:53:40 am »
Using SambaPOS 2.98. Launched Today.

Come across a small problem. We have mistakenly entered orders into the TAKEAWAY Department rather than the EAT IN department.

I have 2 departments EAT IN and TAKEAWAY

Is it possible to move OPEN TICKETS from TAKEAWAY to the EAT IN department, so i could assign a Table Number?

JohnS

• Global Moderator
Re: Moving Open Tickets from DEPARTMENT TO DEPARTMENT
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 07:31:37 am »
This is where it gets a little messy. From your EAT IN terminal, and in your EAT IN menu, you should be able to see the open ticket from the TAKEAWAY department. Select it and assign a table.

You technically can't push a ticket to a department, but you can take one from another department. The general rule is, be on a terminal in the destination department and in the destination department menu (ie EAT IN Department on an EAT IN terminal) that you need to open ticket to go too.

Hope this helps. I only have one terminal running at the moment, so testing was only brief.

SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

Isaac

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 08:39:33 am »
Hi John

Thanks for your quick reply.

I could go into the TAKE AWAY Department and view all open tickets, however I do not have a button or option to be able to assign it to a table number or move it to the EAT IN Department?

Hope I'm making sense, any ideas?

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 03:24:39 pm »
Try from the EAT IN department terminal. You should be able to see the open ticket.

Alternatively, in the TAKEAWAY department settings, set the POS Table View to all tables, this will give you the Select Table button in TAKEAWAY.
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

Isaac

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 03:53:50 pm »
Very Good Point John!

I can select the table view for the TAKEAWAY Department and make sure it is set to fast food.

Just tested and working, Thank you John.  :)