English Boards > Support

Error when connecting TABLET: Access to the port 'COM4' is denied.

<< < (2/4) > >>

Isaac:

--- Quote from: JohnS on June 25, 2013, 03:27:20 pm ---Remove the Customer Display print job from Settings->Terminals->Terminal Name for the Tablet.

--- End quote ---

Hi John, I will try this tomorrow and update here in the morning. Hopefully it will work. Thanks again.

Isaac:

--- Quote from: lemmings on June 25, 2013, 12:38:58 pm ---Ok I thought it was strange as dont see many printers on COM ports nowadays.

I assume the customer display works from the main SambaPOS terminal.

--- End quote ---

Yes it works only on one terminal at a time. Hopeful John's suggestion should resolve the issue.

JohnS:
Unlike the printers, COM ports can not be shared between applications, and this is why you get the error. The only terminals that need the customer display print jobs are the terminals the customer displays are connected too.

Isaac:
Hi John

Problem still exists  >:(

In the Terminals section I have 2 terminals

1= TILL (which has the display print jobs)
2= TABLET (without the pole display print jobs)

I'm Running The Server Terminal on Windows 7 Ultimate with the Terminal Server Patch Applied, which allows me to log into Windows as a TABLET user.

The error appears just before the login screen into SAMBAPOS?

JohnS:
If the error appears before the logon screen, then it would be the Application Start Rule that shows 'This Section is Closed'.

In the associated rules for Application Start, Logon, Logout, etc that use the Pole Display, you can set a condition 'Terminal Name != TABLET' so the rules will not work on the Tablet, but will on other terminals.

Sorry, but it has been a while since I had these issues when using RDP.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version